Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Clearlight's P.O.V:

Everyone was asleep. It was moonhigh and Clearlight was sitting in the camp. So much had happened in the past moon. Darkfur dying, The storm, Waterfly stuck in Starclan, Fallowstream dying and Fallenkit leaving. Had Starclan cursed them?

A shrill cry of an eagle sounded above Clearlight's head. He looked up to see the large bird swooping down to catch something close by to camp. Hopefully it wouldn't find Demonkit.

Clearlight heard a cat emerged from the apprentice's den to see Bumblepaw. His apprentice yawned before calling quietly. "Clearlight? Can we go training?"

"Why are you up to early?" Clearlight narrowed his blue eyes and stood up.

Bumblepaw shrugged. "Couldn't sleep."

Clearlight finally nodded. "Ok, I'll teach you some battle moves. Like the ones Lightclan used to defeat Deathclan." He smiled when he saw Bumblepaw's eyes brighten at the mention of the Deathclan battle.

"I wish I was there when Deathclan attacked!! I would have ripped their fur off!" Bumblepaw bounded out of camp, his tail high.

The two cats arrived at the training clearing. Clearlight began the lesson. "Let's see your defense moves." he shot forwards without warning and landed a short quick blow to Bumblepaw's head with sheathed paws.

Bumblepaw retaliated by jabbing his paw on Clearlight's chest. Clearlight took a couple of steps back and lunged again, carefully swiping Bumblepaw's muzzle with his paw and ducking his apprentice's next move. Bumblepaw jumped away as Clearlight kicked out with his hind legs and dived underneath him. Clearlight felt Bumblepaw's paw slide across his belly before slithering out from under Clearlight. Bumblelaw lightly nipped Clearlight's hind leg careful not to break the skin as Clearlight tried to turned around. Bumblepaw landed a blow to his rear which made Clearlight jump forwards and turn around.

Clearlight shook out his fur and straightened up. "Good job! You really surprised me when you when straight for my chest. I could've bitten your paw but you moved out of the way so fast I didn't have the chance!! If I were a Monsterclan warrior you would've shredded me!"

Bumblepaw beamed with pride and grinned happily at his mentor. Clearlight smiled back and lead Bumblepaw out of the clearing. "Let's do some morning hunting before going back to camp. You've earned a day of resting."

Alarm flared through Bumblepaw's eyes. "I don't have to clean Poppyfire's nest right?" he whispered despairingly.

Clearlight laughed out loud. "No, you don't have to do the elder's den or the nursery!!"

"Oh, good." Bumblepaw sighed in relief and visibly calmed down.

"Come on, lets hunt whilst the moon is still shining!" Clearlight meowed and they split up to hunt.

________

Skystar's P.O.V:

"Let's go to the Monsterclan border, they've been leaving stronger scent markers." Skystar meowed to her patrol. She was taking out the Dawn patrol and they were deciding which border to go to.

Sparklingfish suggested. "What of their planning an attack?"

Skystar shook her head. "I don't think they would do that after the Deathclan battle."

Sparklingfish shrugged but as they neared the Monsterclan border, Skystar automatically knew that a large patrol of Monsterclan had passed the border.

"Invasion!" Skystar warned and sniffed around to find the Monsterclan patrol. The scent was fresh which meant the patrol was still in Lightclan territory.

She followed the scents and found that they had tried to move the border further into the Lightclan forest. Skystar growled and knew there was someone close by. "Who ever you are, I want you to come out and show yourself." she hissed. "Now."

Skystar was right, a Monsterclan cat emerged from the bushes and growled. Skystar recognised Darkstar, the leader. She growled, "Why are you here?"

The large tom hissed and glared at Skystar. "Monsterclan needs more territory, we are the biggest clan if you haven't noticed." Darkstar took a step forwards. "Give up this stretch of pine trees and Lightclan will go unharmed. Or you refuse and we will fight. But Monsterclan will get this territory both ways." he snarled and waited for Skystar's reply.

She narrowed her eyes. "Why would I let you take my territory without a fight? Lightclan is not weak. We don't talk, we fight." she flexed her claws and dug them into the soft soil.

Mousepaw and Sparklingfish trotted up behind Skystar and stood at her side, growling.

Darkstar narrowed his eyes. "If it is a fight you want then a fight you will get." he took a step back and then yowled. "Monsterclan Attack!!"

Suddenly, Monsterclan cats started streaming into the Lightclan forest and up to Skystar's patrol. It looked like Darkstar had brought his whole clan!

Darkstar growled. "Last chance, Skystar!"

Skystar glanced at her patrol and looked back at Darkstar, determination blazed in her eyes and she snarled. "Lightclan will fight and we will win!!"

"So be it." Darkstar snarled and, without warning, lunged for Skystar.

________