Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Skystar's P.O.V:

"I should have used my powers to help your patrol Clearlight..." Skystar mumbled to her mate and stared at him.

Clearlight shrugged. "It's in the past now, we are ready to face the storm."

Waterfly interrupted. "But what if the camp is ruined? Is there any way to protect camp?"

Skystar shook her head. "I can't make a canopy of branches that big."

Clearlight shook his head as well.

"I could try with my water." Waterfly suggested eagerly and jumped up.

Skystar nodded slowly and climbed down the HighTree, Waterfly and Clearlight hot in her heels. The wind howled through the forest and Skystar couldn't hear anything. The rain had just started to drizzle from the darkened sky and Skystar shivered as a fat raindrop splashed on her nose.

Waterfly raised her paws and a sheet of water rose from one end of the camp. It grew rapidly and rose up to half way up the HighTree before decending gently to the other side of camp.

Skystar grinned as the wind and rain was blocked off and the camp became silent. She glanced over at Waterfly and let out a short gasp.

The medicine cat was panting heavily and Skystar could see that making this barrier was using all of Waterfly's energy.

When the sheet of water covered the entire camp, Waterfly collapsed. Spasms hit her body and Skystar saw that Waterfly was in agony from pushing herself too far.

The barrier suddenly dropped from above camp and splashed into camp, drenching the 3 cats in water and creating ankle-deep puddles on the ground.

Then the wind and rain returned, even stronger than before. Skystar was nearly swept off her paws as a huge gust of wind flew into camp.

Meanwhile, Waterfly had gone unconscious and Clearlight and carrying the medicine cat into the shelter of the HighTree.

Skystar shivered as the rain easily seeped through her thin fur and onto her skin, chilling her to the bone. She spotted glowing eyes of her clan mates from the warriors and apprentices den. She looked back at them and gave them a silent message to stay put.

She scurried towards Clearlight and took shelter with him. Skystar watched Waterfly carefully as the storm blew through the forest.

There was a loud bang and Skystar saw lightning strike somewhere in the Monsterclan forest. She hoped that it hadn't caused a fire and sent a silent prayer to Starclan to keep her clan safe.

After a few more minutes, Skystar saw a thin trail of black smoke rise from where the lightning bolt hit Monsterclan territory and Skystar felt her breath get caught in her throat.

Fortunately, the smoke trail did not grow and soon was no more. Skystar was greatful that the fire had been put out by the rain.

Another few minutes passed and a brown head popped out of the medicine den. Skystar saw Nutpaw, her youngest kit and soon-to-be medicine cat, race over to her.

As Nutpaw settled himself between Skystar and Clearlight, he looked up at his parents, his eyes filled with fear. "I'm scared." he whimpered and pressed his wet pelt against Clearlight's semi-dry pelt.

Skystar gave her kit a sympathetic lick on his head and smiled. "Don't worry, nothing bad will happen." she promised, half trying to convince herself the same thing.

______