Chapter 28 (Last chapter)

Chapter 28:

Clearlight's P.O.V:

As the clan gathered behind Clearlight as he let out a feeble sob. Moonclaw was right; Skystar was officially dead.

Her cold and stiff body lay in the blood-stained ground. Her pelt was thick with blood and wounds. She had a deep neck wound from Moonclaw that had killed her.

Clearlight felt his clan mates brush against him and mutter soothing words to him but he blocked it all out. Tears pricked his eyes and he fled out of camp.

He knew Skystar was dead because she had gone too long without waking up again. But what was confusing was why she had lost 4 lives in one go.

Unless she lied.

Clearlight paused in his stride and vigorously shook his head. No! She would never lie!! Skystar's trusted me!!

A quiet twinkling sound came from above Clearlight's head. He looked up to see a sparkling cat, a Starclan cat. He looked harder and gasped as he saw a snow white pelt, lush green eyes and a small pink nose. "Skystar?!" he whispered breathlessly.

Skystar landed gracefully in front of Clearlight. She gazed at him with sadness. "Clearlight... my love. I'm sorry I left you but it was my time.."

Clearlight begged her. "No! Come back to me! Starclan can't take you as well!!"

Skystar sighed. "They already did. And I'm sorry I lied about how many lives I had. I was on my last life when I went into battle today."

"H-how did you lose all nine lives in such small time?!" Clearlight cried.

Skystar placed her tail over Clearlight's shoulder and slowly stroked it, soothing him. "Starclan sent a dream to me just before the gathering last moon. They said that I was coming up to my time of death and I hadn't followed the path intended for me. I had strayed away from my destiny and ended up not losing the lives I was meant to lose. So they stripped away 3 of my lives so that I was on my last one. I know I didn't tell you but I wanted to remember you as how you are. Funny, handsome, charming, trustworthy and loyal. Not someone scared of losing me."

Clearlight shook his head. "No. You can't. You must come back to me, I'm not ready!" He cried.

Skystar lowered her head. "You must go back to the clan and sit vigil for me tonight. Then Silversplash must go to the Starcave to recieve her nine lives and her name. Our clan needs you, Silversplash and Waterfly now, my time is over. I have done my share of saving Lightclan for another season." then she stared at Clearlight. "Listen carefully because this will not be repeated. The circle has been complete. The sky has died and the cat of silver has risen. Now more danger shall arise."

Clearlight narrowed his eyes. "Another prophecy?"

Skystar gave a slight smile and meowed. "Yes." before vanishing.

_______

The end. Book 3 will be on its way soon.

Thank you all for being such great readers!

What's your opinion on the ending? Would you have changed anything in the book?