Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Silversplash's P.O.V:

Silversplash padded into Deathclan's abandoned camp which the clans now used as a gathering place. She jumped up next to the other leaders and nodded her head in greeting. Rabbitstar glared at Silversplash, "What are you doing up here?"

Darkstar hissed. "Where's Skystar?"

"Skystar has been fataly injured." Silversplash shot a glare of hate to Darkstar and he returned it with a small smirk. "She couldn't make it to the gathering so I'm taking her place."

Rabbitstar meowed. "Has Skystar lost a life?" interest sparkled in his bright green eyes.

Silversplash shook her head. "No." she lied.

Rabbitstar shifted on his paws and turned away. "Let the gathering begin!"

The cat turned their attention to the two leaders and deputy on the Great Rock. Silversplash felt herself shrinking into her pelt from all the attentive cats staring at her but kept her chin high and said. "I'll speak first."

Darkstar nodded stiffly before letting Silversplash stand up and pad to the edge of the rock. "Lightclan was doing well until yesterday when Darkstar took our territory. He attacked our warriors when we were sleeping in our nests! Our leader, Skystar was severely injured and is unable to make it. But Lightclan is strong and we will shred any cat to cross the border." she meowed strongly, glaring at the Monsterclan cats one at a time. She smiled when she saw a few cats skirm uneasily as she rested her angry gaze on them.

Darkstar jumped forwards and hissed. "Monsterclan have had 3 new litters of kits and we need more territory. Would you let innocent kits die, Silversplash? I didn't think you were that evil."

Silversplash bit back a rude remark as Darkstar continued. "Monsterclan is doing well, prey is running brilliantly. A couple of loners strayed across the border but were soon taken care of."

A Monsterclan cat spoke up from the crowd. "I've never seen a cat run so fast!!"

Murmers of amusement rippled across the crowd of cats below.

Rabbitstar stepped forwards. "Magiclan is also doing great, the rabbits are plentiful and the moor is full of life. Greenleaf has been good to us. We are well fed and ready for anything." he glanced at Darkstar, a challenge glimmered beneath his calm eyes.

Silversplash meowed. "The gathering is over!" and every cat hurriedly trotted out of the gathering place.

A cold wind started to blow and Silversplash shivered. Leaf-bare was on its way.

_____

Skystar's P.O.V:

Skystar slipped in and out of consciousness. Her belly wound was still bleeding every now and then and her hind leg seemed to be getting infected.

Skystar was worried she would lose another life.

Waterfly padded in and Skystar lifted her head weakly. The full moon shone outside. "Have they come back from the gathering? Are they ok?"

Waterfly shook her head. "They have not arrived back yet. But please Skystar don't talk. Just rest a bit more, I'll take care of you."

Skystar nodded and fell asleep again.

_______