Part 1 (New Ruler)

I have another competition this weekend, and I am now my friend's accompanist. I will be busy, but will provide updates regularly soon. I hope.

This will be in two parts, because I have to go in detail.

Have fun!! BAIIII

~~~~

I rode off into the night. Silently dying inside.

This was no longer my place anymore.

I should've stayed away.

Was this my fate?

I hadn't stopped, everything to me was a blur. I couldn't think. I had rode on the whole night and finally reached Baekje. Much had changed. Chang, had changed everything. Leaving my horse to rest for a while, I walked into a market, and faintly overheard his name being mentioned.

And obviously, being me, I went to ask someone, but I oversaw a peasant child trying to take some food. The merchant saw and threw him to the ground then got a knife and aimed to strike him.

**(You run towards the kid pulling your sword out at the same time. The knife is about to hit the child's body,but you block it with the sword and stand in front as a protection for the child)

"Stop!"

Every single person was looking at us and then I squatted down to meet the child's height level.

"Ah, excuse me, what is going on with the Crown Prince?"

He didn't answer me and stared at me. Then he pulled my mask down. Right, forgot I had that on.

Everyone then gasped and bowed. The merchant dropped on his knees.

Since everyone was paying attention to us now, I asked my question. Well now it was questions. Plural.

"First, I must ask, why was this man allowed to strike the child with a knife?"

The merchant in front cowered in fear.

"Gongju jeonha, It was a new law that was made. It allows any peasant trying to steal to be captured or killed."

I clenched my jaw. That good for nothing----

I composed myself and asked the second question.

"What is going on with the Crown Prince?"

A woman stood up and yelled.

"He captured the previously escaped peasants of Silla, more peasants, and the peasants of Baekje! He plans on killing them today!"

My eyes widened at the news. That bastard. Killing. Death. This was all pleasure for him. And he didn't even belong to sit on that throne. However, I simply nodded and turned to the child again.

"Why were you trying to steal."

His eyes watered and he looked down.

"Eomma, she..." He hugged me. "My eomma is sick . I want to help her. She is hungry"

I picked up the child.

"Take your mother to the palace. And give them this, and tell them to summon me. I will come and help you."

I wiped his tears and handed him my bracelet. I was reluctant to let it go, but it was to help the child. So I gladly gave it away.

He nodded, smiled and ran off to find his mother.

I then again turned toward the woman.

"What time is the mass execution?"

"Soon, gongju jeohna. He plans on killing them at noon."

I left immediately after those words fell from her mouth.

(Back in Silla)

The Hwarangs hadn't really noticed you were gone. They hadn't known for weeks. Jinheung didn't either. It was abnormally quiet. None of the Hwarangs spoke, because it was so boring.

Master Suk came to visit today, requesting to see the princess and thank her.

However, you, obviously were not there.

Once the news spread, everyone started searching. Even Jinheung. He now sat on his throne, thinking. The hwarangs sat with him, not forgetting Ahro.

She spoke first, "What are we going to do?"

Sunwoo answered her question and suggested something unbelievable.

"I say we go to Baekje to look for her... don't you think?"

Jinheung thought and considered it.

He grimly nodded. "It's possible."

Hansung stood. "Then it's settled. We go."

~~Time skip to the palace~~

(3rd POV)

The crown prince sat on his throne. Waiting for the time to strike noon. And the king, he sat nearby with the queen. (btw she already knew you were a half child, but she always treated you like her child. Even though, before she was mad, but once she saw you, the little cutie u were, her mind changed.)

**the doors suddenly open

**Chang (crown prince looks up)

** You walk in. *dramatic effects*

Jihyun stood at the doors facing Chang.

"CHANG!" She yelled and charged with her sword.

Guards tried to attack but she fended them off. Once she got to him, she held the sword to his throat.

"How dare you?! I leave the kingdom for a few weeks and come back to see this?!"

The king rose calmly.

"Jihyun, let go of your brother."

She turned to the king, slowly letting go of Chang.

"He. Your son?" Jihyun laughed slightly and smirked. "Both you and I know he really isn't. Don't you?"

Then she turned to the crowd of peasants and nobles.

"It is sickening to see you would slaughter those who suffer under us. Who are less fortunate and have to go to the extreme of stealing to make a living for themselves and children. And ironically, you were once one of them."

**everyone looks at each other and starts whispering about Chang

The queen now stood.

"Indeed he is not our son. Our servants had a child, but could not care for him so we took him under our care. If he were exposed he would be exiled."

Now the king spoke, "Indeed, since you are not my son, you shall be exiled from Baekje"

Jihyun intervened, "No. He is useful and war. He is not royalty, but he can train the soldiers we have."

She looked at the king. He stroked his beard. And nodded.

"It is the final decision. Those of you here are free. Guards, please release them. Jihyun, follow me please."

(1st POV)

I followed my father to his chambers. It was silent. I had not said anything in fear that he would yell at me.

He turned to face me.

"Good. You have completed the task I have assigned you."

"Ne, aboji"

"Now do you understand why I gave you this role."

"No. I do not know."

"I did this. So you could become...

The new ruler of Baekje"

Word Count: 994

March 20,2017

9:40 PM Pacific