At Peace

Here is another short part! I think this is going to be a part where you get to hang out with your brother again! I don't know how it's going to turn out, but we shall seeeeeeeeee

~~

Jihyun/Reader POV

I had woken up and Hansung was no longer beside me, which was strange because I don't think he usually wakes up unless he can smell breakfast. I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep but alas! I failed. With my failed attempt I decided to get up and walk around in the gardens, even though I still am injured. But hey, I'm a queen so... no one can tell me what to do! Haha!!

"JIHYUN TIME TO EAT!! BETTER COME HERE NOW BEFORE IT'S GONE!!"

Okay. Maybe except for Jonghyun, he can boss me around. And the next thing I knew, Hansung and Jonghyun came into the room, picked me up and plopped me down at the table.

"Morning" Jonghyun sat across from me.

"Hello!" Hansung smiled and sat next to Jonghyun.

"Good morning to both of you" I responded with a smile.

Jonghyun: "So, are you two doing anything?"

Hansung:"I have to head back to Silla and talk to my family about everything that is going on. My brother will be expecting me. My halboji will also be expecting me as well. I hope nothing bad happens."

Jihyun: "So early? That's too bad then... I must find something to do then."

Jonghyun: "Don't worry, I have made plans for you."

Jihyun: "Already?"

Hansung: "You sound like her assistant"

Jonghyun: "I am her assistant"

Hansung: "How come no one told me this?!"

Jihyun: "No one knew. And since when did you appoint yourself as an assistant?"

Jonghyun: "Right when Hansung mentioned it"

Hansung: ...

Jihyun:...

Jonghyun: ...

*Door opens*

"Hello..." 

At the door was Jinheung, a great surprise, seeing that he was able to escape our mother.

Jonghyun: "Jihyun, here are your plans for today." 

Jonghyun then gestured to Jinheung, who sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck.

Jinheung: "Hello Jihyun, I decided to visit for a little. You know to hang out like when we were little... since it's been a while since we could do it..."

Jihyun: "Oh, Okay..."

Hansung: "Will you be okay Jihyun? with me gone, I won't be able to protect you, but I know Jinheung can. He is your brother."

Jihyun: "I'm sure I'll be fine, I still trust him"

Hansung nodded and got up but stopped at the door and whispered to Jinheung.

Hansung: "If you hurt her I will kill you with no hesitation. Even if you are her brother. Understand?"

Jinheung nodded and walked up to me. He held his hand out for me.

Jinheung: "Are you ready to go?"

Jihyun: "Let me change first, then we can head out"

He and I walked to my chambers where I changed into something simple but somewhat elegant. Because all my clothes were so fancy, it's hard to get something very simple. After that, we headed out to the streets. Everyone was greeting me left and right, some even bowing to me and my brother. No one knew our true blood relation, so a lot of people believed that we were dating. I should probably clear up that rumor soon. It'll fade eventually though.

Jinheung bought me a few things that I liked and we got a lot of our favorite foods. Then he led me to the forest, where I grew suspicious for a little bit because I didn't know why he would bring us to such a secluded area. We sat down by the river and we began skipping rocks. 

Jinheung: "Jihyun, you need to stop wearing your emotions so easily"

Jihyun: "Well, I'm sorry for being an authentic person. Everyone seems to hate real people and love people who are fake"

Jinheung: "Look, I know you're mad at what mom did. I had no idea what was going to happen. Hansung somehow knew and he ended up saving your life, and I'm glad he did, without you, the family would be dead since it seems none of us have brains except you. I told you, you are the one that I relied on. Do you think we could combine the kingdoms in order to be together? I'll figure out a way to get mom to give up the throne"

Jihyun: "I'm not mad. Sure, I'm disappointed, but it wasn't completely your fault after all. Hansung nearly died you know trying to save me."

Jinheung: "I saw, that's why I came right after dealing with mom. To check on him. I sent the note to him this morning telling him that his family wanted to see him. A lot has changed, that's why so many flee to Baekje. Silla is at a downfall..."

Jihyun: "What happened?"

Jinheung looked away and began to explain.

Jinheung: "After that battle, our mother schemed about multiple ways to end your life. As you know, she tried multiple times. And she wanted to be the one who killed you in the end. Even with me as the king, she holds a lot of power. The hwarang is being trained at extreme rates to the point even our sister, ahro, and the rest are fainting from exhaustion all the time. The citizens are terrified and everyone is suffering... I honestly don't know what to do anymore. But we are going to get rid of that wretched woman. So I was going to ask you for a plan.

Jihyun: "You don't have to do anything."

Jinheung: "What do you mean?"

He turned towards me again. I stood up and walked over to him.

Jihyun: "She is slowly killing herself."

Silence sat between the two of us for a little bit. 

Jinheung: "Give me a little hint then."

Jihyun: "Tea."

He nodded

Jinheung: That's how she did it then. 

Suddenly, Sooho burst through the trees on a horse. He stopped and ran up to us.

Sooho: "Jinheung! Jihyun! Your mother! She's dying!!"

Jihyun: "I am aware."

Jonghyun then came through as well.

Jonghyun: "Jihyun! Your mother."

Jinheung: "She knows"

Sooho: "How?!"

Jonghyun smiled and looked at me.

I then nodded and we all mounted our horses and headed back towards to Silla.

~~

 Sorry for such a short chapter! Hope you enjoy! Comment vote and follow!

Send me requests and I'll add them in! Baiiiiii