Why?

I'm in a sad mood right now, so this chapter is going to be a bit sad and short because I promised to publish a chapter this weekend. But things are going on in my family, no, it doesn't have any death or illness... just I'm worried about a lot. Sorry for being so depressing, but on to the chapter!!

~~~

"I'm fine Jihyun" 

"What?" Jihyun turned around and found Jonghyun standing behind her.

Immediately realizing, she ripped off his mask, made Jonghyun take him, and ordered for a medic to meet her at the palace. Everything seemed to be a blur, nothing seemed to fit together in her mind, and slowly everything faded away. The next moment she was lying down and Hansung was lying next to her, head down and streaks could be seen on his face, his bandages were bloody, but so were hers. Jihyun had been injured during the battle, but no one knew and she kept silent, determined to finish. Question was, who found her and brought her back?

Back in the Battle

Before the arrows flew, Jihyun had been fighting against multiple men. Then, the queen arrived, and the battle intensified. Blinded by anger, she had sent Sooho to injure Jihyun. He had no choice but to follow her orders or his family would get hurt.

"Mianhada, Jihyun-ssi"

Jihyun had wounds on her sides and shoulders, so bad that she still had not awoken due to the amount of blood she had lost while continuously fighting. Even still, Hansung had taken the arrow, as to why... you'll see in a moment.

Jihyun POV

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the light, seeing Hansung next to me, I nearly screamed, but instead, pain shot through my body. Pleasant isn't it? It was sad that Sooho had to hurt me, he had written an apology letter and it had lain in my chambers two days before the battle initiation. Now, if he apologized then why didn't I avoid it? He was told to do it, doesn't mean he couldn't get other people to do it for him too. 

"Jihyun? What are you thinking about?"

"Hm?" I look over and Hansung is staring straight up at the ceiling. And in this situation surprisingly, no one is in the room since it was sometime in the middle of the night. The moon shined a faint light into the room so I could see his face.

"Jihyun... I'm sorry. For everything about us.."

Hansung turned his head towards me and holds my hand lightly.

"Why in the word would you be sorry? You literally saved my life from my own mother, as corrupt and evil, and rude, and ... everything that she is and was. What makes you sorry?"

"I-I-I guess it's because I care. I always cared about you, but I never seem to get anything right. My brother deserves everything I get, if anything, I should have died. Dansae should be in Hwarang and have the pure blood. I don't even deserve to be next to you, not after how I've treated you... I-I just wanted to have you back... I want to be kids again... where we didn't care what was going to happen, and we just relied on each other to get through. Now, you have so much to do and so many more important things to care about. There are so many guys who want to court you and could do a lot more in a day than I have done in 10 years... I really just want to be with you again...."

He choked up and turned his head away, silently crying, well at least trying to hide his sobs.

"Hansung..."

"I know. I'm pathetic huh" He laughs at himself and tries to move but winces in pain instead.

"Nah, I think you're amazing. I'm just stressed and tired of life, the way that my life has been running is absolutely insane. So I should be sorry about ruining your life..."

*A few minutes later*

We kept arguing on whose fault it was. Both of us were trying to take the blame before Jonghyun woke up and decided to shut us both up.

"Hey, lovebirds, *cough* I mean I know your best friends and all, but you both need rest. So night night!"

We looked at each other and smiled.

"Jihyun..."

"Ne?"

*He put his arm under my head*

"See you in the morning!" He smiles and closes his eyes. 

*laughs* "You too Hansung, you too."

~~~

 So this became fluff... I don't think I'm very good with the sad element. Sorry for it being so short!! 

Word Count: 758

Date: 3/25/2018

Time: 3:00 PM

Comment what you think and what I need to update next!!