Chapter 2 ~ Ayla

''Prince Greenleaf ran into you and Farin, that's unbelievable.'' My best friend since I was an elfling kept trying to process what I had told her.

''Yes Linelle.'' I answered sharply. When your closest friend keeps bothering you about the same thing it gets kind of irritating.

''Is he as handsome as the tales say he is?'' She asked me.

''Yes I guess.''

''Did you get lost in his beautiful eyes?''

''Would you stare at him and disrespect him like that?''

''I guess not.''

''You're so lucky I've always wanted to meet Prince Greenleaf.''

''Yes you have told me many times.'' Everybody in Mirkwood wanted to meet the Prince. It was an honor.

We were walking through the village that my home was in. More specifically the market, both of us had to run errands for our mothers.

''I'll meet up with you later Eda.'' Linelle said once she got to where she needed to be. I just nodded and kept walking through the town.

While I was walking a man caught my eye. I looked up and saw him standing on a stage that was built in the center of the village. Also on the stage was a young elfling in chains. A crowd of elves were surround thing stage, mostly male.

Most think that elves are intelligent and kind, well that's around others. We have many nasty eleves in all the villages. They ruin our reputation. Its quite sad.

The man on the stage then spoke, ''gentlemen'' he had black eyes with nasty orange hair, it made me cringe. How can he stand to be so dirty?

''Do I have an offer for you.'' That's when I started to walks towards the stage.

''This beautiful young elf girl for your coins,'' the poor girl on the stage looked terrified.

''300 coins!'' Someone yelled.

''700!'' Someone else challenged.

I was absolutely horrified. These elves were bidding for one of their own kind. Treating the poor girl like she was an animal. When the price got up to 1200 I could stand it no longer.

''Stop!'' I screamed so my voice was heard over the bidding crowd. I started to walk towards the stage. Everybody's eyes were on me.

''You are acting like humans for valar's sake!'' I was fuming, how could they be so awful? I jumped on the stage.

''And who gave you the right right to do this?'' I asked the man selling the girl to her death. ''I doubt our king would give you permission to even step foot onto his land!'' The man just stood there waiting to see what I would do.

I walked over to the shaking girl to get the chains off of her. That when the man spoke.

''I wouldn't do that if I were you.''

I turned around, ''and why not?''

''These men need to be... how do I put it... satisfied.'' He winked.

I had to hold down the food I ate earlier this morning. The nerve that this man has...

''If you take her'' he pointed at the girl, ''then I will need so done to take her place.''

He walked closer to me but I stood my ground. I was not backing down to him.

Once he was close enough he started to touch my hair, ''and you would be perfect for the job'' he hissed into my ear.

I did what most would do, I slapped him, hard. My hand was numb and his face probably was too.

''Leave now'' was all I said to him. He actually listened to me and walked stiffly off the stage. Angry with the fact he was just told off by a young female.

I then turned to the crowd who was bidding on the girl, ''go back to your houses, you need to think over the vile choices you made today.'' They did as they were told and the crowd eventually disperesed .

I went over to the girl, she looked young not even 50. Too weak to have fought back against the man. I carefully took the chains off her wrists and ankle s trying to to rub the raw skin any more. As soon as she was free she jumped into my arms and gave me a bone crushing hug.

''Thank you'' she whispered. If I wasn't an elf I probably wouldn't of heard it.

I held her arms length from me, ''your welcome. But please tell me where you are from.''

''From far away. My village was attacked by orcs, the man found me and said he would find me a nice home... but he lied to me.''

''Is everything alright?''I heard Linelle yell.

I stood up and walked the girl off the stage and towards my friend.

''Yes Linelle I took care of it.''

She looked from me then to the girl and asked, ''what is your name?''

''Ayla.''

''Well Ayla you can come and stay with my family until we can figure out where you will go.''

The three of us started to walk towards my house when the man from the stage stepped out in front of us. ''I believe you have something that's mine.'' He said looking at Ayla.

''Run'' I told them. I knew this man was a threat and didn't want either of them getting hurt. They both ran back towards the town and I was left with him. Alone.

The man took out a sword. I went to get my bow and then remembered it was at my house.

''Weaponless are you now? This will be easier than I thought.''

''Not quite.'' I took out a dagger from my boot. I least I was somewhat prepared for this.

He thrust his sword at me. It was obvious that he wasn't a good swordsmen by the way he held the sword in his hand. I dodged it and went to slice him in the hip but he stepped back just in time. He swung his sword sloppily and I bent down so it didn't hit me. But he kicked me, hard, in the stomach. I fell back but I wasn't gonna let him win.

Right when he was about to drop his sword on my neck I rolled over. He wasn't expecting it so he stumbled, giving me time to stand up. If I had my bow he would be dead. He swung at me again and I ment his sword with my blade. We were both stuck. I used leverage so even though he had a bigger weapon I could still match its strengrh.

After a whole I got bored and kicked him in his manly parts, I used the distraction to take the sword and throw it far away so he had no weapon.

''Not so easy?'' I asked him.

He lunged at me with what seemed like super speed knocking my blade out of my hand. I fell onto the ground where he pinned me. His nasty clothes touching my clean ones. I was definitely going to have to wash them.

''This is child play.''

I tried to get up but I couldn't. All of his body weight was onmme , he was stronger then he looked. He grabbed me by my neck and lifted me. It hurt and would probably bruise. Once I was up he pinned me to a wall holding me there squeezing tighter and tighter. And I just waited, waited for my last breath. He was too strong.

I'm going to die.

''Stop!"" I heard a voice command from behind the man. ''Put the girl down.''

I would know that voice from anywhere......

*** to be continued ;) ***