Chapter 17 ~ Just A Dream (Leggy's POV)

(Leggys POV)

Previously.......

''Don't do it Legolas.'' Eda said weakly.

I looked into her beautiful eyes. ''Eda I can't stand to see you hurt.''

''Your more important than me,'' she said. ''I couldn't live with myself if you were taken.'' She pleaded.

''Listen to the girl,'' Adan shouted up. ''Your father would kill me if I let them take you.''

I ignored Adans comment, ''Eda I can't let you die.''

''No Legolas!'' She screamed.

''You can take me." I said.

Two men came out from behind me and tied my arms. I looked up and still saw Eda in the mans arms. ''You said you would let her go!'' I yelled.

''Well I changed my mind.'' The man said smirking evilly. He started to walk Eda towards the cliff.

''Legolas I love you.'' I heard her say before she was thrown to her death. I could hear her bones crunching and cracking as she hit the rocks below.

They brought me to the edge to see her body. It was destroyed nobody will ever know it was her. I looked out to see Adan and all my men killed. All murdered.

''I love you to Eda.'' I said as a tear slipped down my cheek.

***************

(Still Leggys POV)

''How could you kill her?" I screamed at the man. ''How could you kill an innocent girl like that?"

''One thing you should know about bandits boy,'' The man started as he walked towards me. ''Is that they never play fair. This world is not a fair place and it most likely never will be. So deal with it. She's dead. Gone. Her hearts never going to beat again. Get it?"

I don't answer as the start dragging me to an unknown destination. All my warriors are killed and so is Adan. My father is going to be furious.

'What am I doing?' I think to myself. 'I'm Prince Legolas Greenleaf of Mirkwood, and I don't go down without a fight!'

I trip the guy behind me and take his sword as he falls to the ground, cutting the ropes holding my wrists together in the process. I turn around and kill the man that I just tripped. The group of bandits turn around and charge at me. I cut, slash, and slay anything that gets in my way. Mangled bodies are lying over the once gray stone. This is a bloodbath, a massacre.

I climb down the mountain to check and see if any of my men are alive, no luck. Then I start to walk towards the remains of Eda.

Her body is unrecognizable. Her blood is trickling down the rocks, bones sticking up in awkward positions, but there is one thing that I can still recognize, her beautiful honey brown hair.

She didn't deserve to die, especially for me.

I take some rocks and start to dig a hole. The least I can do is put her body to rest. The grounds soft so its easier to dig in about four hours I had a hole big enough to hold the pieces of her body.

I take the body parts that I can make out and lay them out in the grave. She looked somewhat like an elf by the time I got her body parts lined up.

I close my eyes and tilt my head to the sky. ''Eda, oh my beautiful Eda. I failed. I failed to protect you in your time of need. You never deserved me, if I cant protect you then how can I protect a whole kingdom?"

''Legolas'' I swear I heard her voice.

''Eda I love you so much...''

''Legolas!!!"

''Eda?'' I looked down at the grave to find her looking at me. I bend down and look her over. Not one scratch or scar at all. Whats going on here?

''Eda? Eda you're alive!''

''Legolas wake up.'' She said softly.

''What are you talking about Eda?"

''Sir wake up.'' She said a little more loudly.

''Eda I have no idea what you are talking about.''

''Your highness wake up!''

I jolted awake and looked around. Adan and a couple of my guards were standing over me.

''Sir we think we found their hideout!''

******************

I just want to say thank you for everyone who has supported me this far into my story! I want to point out that I do read all the comments that are on the message board for the chapters. And I can't thank you enough for what you are writing. You all put a smile on my face every time I read a comment.

VOTE

COMMENT

AND......

LOVE LEGOLAS!!!!