Chapter 20 ~ One Step Closer ( Leggy's POV)

OVER 5000 READS! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me so far!

Now…… Chapter 20!

(Leggys’s POV)

“What do you mean you found their hideout?” I asked Adan.

“Sir one of the scouts we sent out a couple weeks ago found hundreds of horse tracks so he followed them.” Adan started.

“Keep going!” I cried out with excitement.

“So when he followed the tracks he came upon a huge camp with about 500 men. Some of those men he recognized as the ones that attacked the castle.”

“Well what are we waiting for? Pack up camp immediately, we are heading out as soon as possible!” I shouted.

The men started to pack all the equipment and supplies across camp. Once I was done pack my saddle bag I went and helped my men. I just couldn’t wait to see her beautiful face any longer! I was losing hope in finding her since the bandits didn’t leave behind many clues to where they were going.

“Sir we are ready to leave!” I heard Adan call out.

I jumped on my white speckled horse and we were off.

After a while Adan rode up next to me, “How far away are these tracks?”I asked him.

“About three days ride from here sir,” was his reply. Three days wasn’t bad at all.

“If we push the horses through tonight do you think we would be able to get to the camp faster?” I asked.

“I said the tracks we found were three days away; the actual camp is about two days ride from where the tracks were first spotted.”

“Oh, well then we will keep a steady pace and will set a camp late tonight. I want to be up and moving again by dawn,” I said.

“Sir don’t you think you are pushing the horses too much?” Adan asked.

“Adan, these horses have faced much worse than a couple days ride to find some bandits,” I explained.

“But sir!” he protested.

“What I say is final Adan,” I said before riding ahead. ‘What does he think I’m a child’ I asked myself. ‘I’ve seen more battles than that elf!’

Soon the sun was setting in the distance, I let the horses have a water break then we were off again late into the night.

The next morning we set off again trying to get to the tracks as soon as possible. This could finally be the lead I’ve been waiting for! We didn’t run into trouble until later that night.

“Sir I think that’s one of our scouts!” One of my men yelled.

I looked into the distance and I did see one of my men. I wish I hadn’t. From what I could tell he wasn’t moving at all. I rode over as fast as I possibly could and got off my horse. Adan was already kneeling over the man.

“He’s not responding, I don’t think we should move any further. Until we know what did this to him,” Adan said a hint of worry in his voice.

I nodded even if I didn’t want to. I wanted to keep my men safe.

We set a small camp, and the unconscious scout was put in a tent. An hour later I heard Adan calling me.

“Sir he’s awake! Sir come quickly!”