Chapter 30 - The Final Battle

Here is what you all have been waiting for! ENJOY!

*not edited*

Melui's POV

I looked at Thranduil and he nodded his head. I look forward knowing that this is the last time I will ever see this dreaded place. Someone hands me a torch and I gladly take it.

"Today is the day," Thranduil shouts into the sea of warriors, "the day that we show that we cannot be defeated, to show who rules these lands." Everybody started to shout in agreement. "Your prince has been captured, and today we get him back!" The yells are deafening.

"Attack!" Thranduil yells. We charge forward some with torches others with weapons, then people like me with both. Just looking at us you can tell we came for one purpose, to kill.

I take my torch and light the tents of my father's men on fire, it travels fast keeping anyone inside hostage. The screams of men burning alive fills my ears, the smell of burning flesh blocks my senses. I only want to find my sister and get out of here, to get back to Linelle. My sweet annoying Linelle.

"Melui  watch your back," I heard Thranduil yell from somewhere in the battle. I quickly duck down and avoid a sword coming my way. I take out my own and smash it into the guys forehead. I jump off my horse and send him to safety before I continue to fight. I smash and slash anything that gets in my way. Most are of the bandits are dead, but the ones that are alive are still going strong, they are not giving up anytime soon.

I turn around and my sword meets someone else's. I look into my sister's eyes and smile, she's alive! But her eyes hold sadness.

Her eyes widen, "MELUI BEHIND YOU!"

The burning that spreads through my body is like no other, I fall to the ground. I can no longer feel my legs and there is searing pain in my back. I start to breath heavily, not able to catch my breath.

Everything starts to become blurry as I see my sister fighting above me, protecting me. I should be doing that I should be protecting ber.

"Eda!"

Eda's POV

I watch as a man burys his sword in Melui's back effectively paralyzing him. I immediately start to attack swinging my sword in every direction. I hit him once in his stomach, he falls to ground blood pouring from his mouth. I slit his throat and run over to Melui's side. He had been calling me for a while now.

I bend down next to him and wipe all the blood from his face. He looks and me and smiles, bringing his hand up to my face. "I couldn't ask for a better sister " he says weakly.

"And I couldn't  ask for a  better brother," I say as I put his sword in his hand. He tightly grips it and gives me a weak smile.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when you were growing up," he says regret clear in his eyes. "I didn't see the evil that lies within our father."

"It wasn't your fault, it was never your fault. Don't blame yourself for anything."I say as tears start to fall.

"At leat you have Farin," he says.

I start to sob, "they killed him Melui, he's gone."

I heard him take take a deep breath "I'm..."

"You can't leave me," I say. "I can't walk this earth alone."

"My dear Eda we will meet again someday, I promise," he said before his eyes became dull and his soul left him. I kissed his forehead and put his sword in both hands, placing it over his heart. I took my sword and started to look, look for one man in particular.