Prologue

Everyone thought the highschool sweethearts would be together for forever.

And so did Amelia, but she did some things she regrets to this day.

She wasn't feeling the same thing she did when they first got together. So she saw another boy and thought he wouldn't find out. Of course, as Murphy's Law would intend it to be, he found out.

She left Ivan heartbroken, and she had no remorse. She told him the old, 'It's not you, it's me,' spiel, and about how he was too good for her anyways. Once they had finished school, the two went their separate ways and never talked again.

Amelia was at school for teaching. It was Ivan that first had noted she was good at explaining things and that she try tutoring as a job after school. She found a passion in this, and decided to go to school for teaching. But she never thought about him, and how he was the first to help her find a passion that she could make a living off of.

As for Ivan, he had moved back to Russia for school. He wanted to do what he loved, as well as be close to other family there. He was doing alright on his own, eventually being discovered as a soloist.

His music teacher back in the town where he graduated highschool, Mr. Edelstein, had discovered this. He was elated, and was always sharing performances from YouTube with his classes. Especially Ivan's sister Natalia, who had picked up the oboe. No one let Ms. Jones, the new science teacher, know this, because this was her ex.

Yep, Amelia Jones had become a science teacher, and her old highschool boyfriend was making stacks playing at big opera houses and stages around the world. She would find out soon, but for now her audience was not the most bougois musicians in the world; She captivated an audience of teens with science.