Eleven

On Monday morning, Amelia stormed into Roderich's classroom before bell.

"Hey, you! I have a bone to pick with you, you slimy slimy trickster!" She huffed, causing him to fall from his seat at his desk.

He was laughing nervously and hysterically as he managed to say, "It wasn't completely on purpose..."

"ComplEtelY??!" She hissed, "That stunt that you pulled was NOT funny dude! Do you know how awkward that walk to his house and the ride home was? He has a girlfriend, ya know. It's not like he's come back and it's the same as before. I have a partner, he has a partner. We have our own lives, we aren't kids anymore." She ranted.

Roderich shook his head. "You can be so oblivious sometimes, you know that?" He says with a half of a smile on his face.

Amelia thinks back to what Arthur had told her in the detention room her sophomore year before the winter concert. He called her ignorant, stupid, oblivious, blind... She wasn't though, she just chose to be that way...

"I'm not... I knew you were trying to set me up with him again, Roderich. I'm not that ignorant.." she calmed herself down, taking a seat in a chair in the orchestra.

"Look," she said, "I appreciate your efforts to find me a man, but it's not your place. I wasn't good for him. I'm reckless, and he just.. Went along with me on my path of destruction, until I broke his heart." She lamented.

Roderich shrugged. "On the contrary, I think you brought him up. He was always in a much better mood after you had acquainted yourself with him, and he was more outgoing. Of course, he still was very easy-going and naive. But he's sort've lost those qualities after being gone for so long... I feel like you could help him again, he feels so hardened now..."

After a moment of silence he found the right words. "Well, you know, if you can break his heart just like that, you can mend it just as effortlessly."

"You're right..." Amelia started to look dejected. "I still like him, and it's so aggravating... And he's like a big rock now..." She pouted, crossing her arms in frustration. "I hate this, he just waltzed into my life like nothing had ever happened. And with a girlfriend! Who even is she?" She complained.

Roderich couldn't help but laugh. "I haven't a clue, but you can always find out and try to charm him again. Maybe he's still a little naive. And if not," he leaned in to whisper so no students hanging out there before class could hear, "You could get him drunk, or slip him something in his drink. It wouldn't hurt to try, and I'd be willing to help." He plotted deviously.

The last comment made her roll her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I can do it myself, I'm a big girl. I'll just ask him if he wants to go to the bar or something, no big deal." She crossed her arms, her watching beeping. "I gotta head out Roderich, I'll see ya." She waved, heading out of the classroom.

"Again," Roderich said, "Just call me if you need help getting him to behave." He teased.