Two

"Good morning!" Amelia held her door open for kids to start piling into the classroom. A tall, slim blonde girl stalked into her room, an icy stoic look on her pale face as she took a seat.

Amelia recognized her immediately, but waited to greet her. She entered the room when the bell rang, taking a deep breath while she grabbed her clipboard with the attendance sheet.

"Good morning, welcome back to those of you returning! And if you're new, like me, then good luck." She joked, earning positive feedback from the room.

She smiled, "And welcome! I'm Ms. Jones, I'm the physics and AP Astronomy teacher. Uh, I'm no good with names, but I'm going to attempt taking attendance.."

Since the list was in alphabetical order, the first name she read off was Natalia's.

"Natalia Arlovskaya." She couldn't suppress a grin, but Natalia stayed stone cold.

Natalia sat up and cleared her throat. "Present." She hissed. Amelia just continued down the list of different kids, mostly a mix of juniors and seniors in highschool.

On the most part, the students seemed to enjoy her.

Except one, but she hoped this wouldn't last long.

The class went by pretty smoothly otherwise, so Amelia tried her best to seem oblivious to Natalia's cruel glare. It was what Amelia was best at. She handed out a syllabus, and talked about the field trip that every science class was to go on around December. She had gotten everything she needed done with two minutes before bell.

She was handling this extremely well. When the bell rang, she went out to hold open the door for her next class, greeting them pleasantly. This would be what she did up until fourth period, her planning period.

She had sat down at her desk, feeling worn out already. But she had some time to recharge this period and during lunch hour, she would do fine. She had this time for planning lessons, since there was nothing to grade.

This was her job now... Amelia actually sort of liked it. She was excited for the rest of the school year, and those after. She knew this was the right job, it was for her.

The lunch bell rang after about forty minutes of working on future lesson plans. There was a knock on the door, and she looked up to see that it was Mr. Edelstein. She got up from her desk and opened the door.

"You're a sight for sore eyes."

Mr. E laughed, "I'm surprised you came back to teach. It's nice to see you again Amelia."

"You can come in, if you'd like. I'm working on future lesson plans and such, you know... It's alright though, I love this." Amelia let him in, sitting back down at her desk and getting her lunch out from under her desk.

"I'm glad you like it.." Mr. E took a seat at one of the stools that was pulled out from the counter. "I have Natalia in my top band playing oboe, have you heard? She's as awesome as her brother.."

Amelia acknowledged this, shrugging. "She seems as cold as the first time I met her..." She sighs, shaking her head in confusion. "But I do know that she's an A student, so I don't mind."

"I wonder how he is right now." Roderich wandered off topic, unintentionally reopening a wound Amelia left untouched for some time.

"Uh, I guess he's alright. He knows how to take care of himself." Amelia coughed into her hand, looking away from Roderich. He just shrugged and moved on from that to ask if she needed to go through the lunch line.

She shook her head, "Nah, I packed a lunch.. Are you going to get lunch?"

"Ja, just a drink. I forgot to get coffee grounds for my coffeemaker, hehe."

"Hah, I'll have to come to the rehearsal room to have coffee." Amelia joked. "I'll see you around, Mr. E." She smiled brightly at him.

He laughed shortly at her formality. "You can call me Roderich, we're coworkers." He waved, leaving her alone in the room.