Nineteen

Gilbert saw Yan leave the office building without anyone around, and so he got into his car and decided he had to follow her to where she was going. He knew that he was going to find something, although he hadn't heard anything from Roderich.

Ah, speak of the devil! He was driving behind Yan when Roderich was calling him on the phone. Hopefully this would be important information.

"Hey, was hoping you'd call," then he mumbled, "Surprisingly..."

"I'm flattered! Anyways, I have important information that is going to help us!" Roderich said hurriedly, "Ivan suspects Yan is cheating on him with a coworker named Kiku, he heard just about the whole phonecall between them."

Gilbert became extremely excited at this information. He gasped, "Oooh!!! Mein Got, I can't believe this! Okay, so I will keep an eye on where she is without being conspicuous, and see if this is true. Thanks Roderich!"

"Okay, I have to go. Now watch her closely! Goodbye." Roderich hung up, leaving him to follow him to drive behind Yan to her neighborhood.

Gilbert conveniently parked at a gas station by the neighborhood and waited for about fifteen minutes until he saw her car emerge from the neighborhood. He continued a couple cars behind her, where she pulled into a strip mall. He followed her there and watched her walk into a salon. He knew she'd take a while, so he went into a sit down restaurant and got something to eat while he waited and to look normal and not suspicious at all...

When he was finished he walked out to his car and waited only five minutes or so when Yan walked out all pampered and ready for her company party, or whatever it was.

He started the car, acting like he was on the phone and waiting for Yan to pull out of the strip mall and go to the venue. He followed behind again, a couple of cars behind. Eventually she led him to the street where they work and he ended up parking in the parking lot of the jazz club and bar where he was currently employed. He felt like a James Bond Spy, except he wasn't doing anything particularly dangerous. Illegal, maybe, maybe not, but besides that, it wasn't anything harmless.

He got out of his car and saw a couple of other members of the band at the club walking out with their instruments, heading across the street.

His sister, who played drums with them, called out to him. "Hey, Gil! Are you playing for the party across the street? They called last minute and I meant to get you the set list but you weren't here!"

She came over with a paper and handed it to him. He watched Yan walk in the building across the street, and he pointed in the general direction.

"That party?" He asked.

She nodded, replying, "Ja, Can you do it?"

AN: I cannot apologize enough to my dear readers. My spotty updating and this very short and awful chapter must be disappointing, but I can assure you all now that I will have another chapter up as soon as I can finish writing it. Thanks for reading, please comment and tell me how you guys are doing and good morning/day/night!