Epilogue

"Oh my goodness you guys were amazing!"

Amelia snuck backstage to see  her boys, Elizabeta and Matthew trailing behind. Roderich, Ivan, and Gilbert met them in front of the dressing rooms.

"It was nothing, really-" Ivan dismissed, feeling awfully flattered, and interrupted by Roderich and Gilbert.

"I know, weren't we awesome?!" Gilbert butted in.

Roderich added, "You're right, we sounded great!"

There was so much post-performance adrenaline that they all collectively agreed that they would go out to eat to blow off some steam.

"How do you still get nervous when you go on to perform?" Gilbert asked after they were seated.

"I don't really know," Ivan answered, "I don't perform as much as people think I do."

Roderich gave him an odd look, "But you've toured Europe and played everything perfectly."

Ivan justified himself by saying, "I'm not used to this yet, I haven't played hundreds of solos everywhere so I still feel nervous."

"That's fair," Amelia said, "I still get nervous sometimes when I have to talk in front of a bunch of kids and try to say organism instead of orgasm..."

They all laughed hysterically at her joke, moving on to talk about other things, like how weird highschool students are now.

"My parents didn't let me have vine when it came out, so I didn't see any of the memes that started there," Amelia said, "But now students are showing me all the dumb stuff that they see on the internet and it's honestly hilarious.

"Like the one that's like, 'I want a church girl to go to church,"

They all completed the statement together with, "and read her Bible," attracting weird stares from other tables.

Matthew and Amelia both were slightly out of the loop, however, Ivan and Gilbert seemed to know about almost everything the highschoolers talked about.

"Once I came to America, I was always looking at memes, since it's legal here." Ivan joked.

Gilbert laughed, saying, "I've been into memes since they became a thing, since it's not illegal in Germany."

"Good for you," Ivan said, "at least you could go to sleep without being scared that you'll be sent to the gulag."

Ivan was indeed glad he wasn't in Russia, and was rather here with his friends and the lovely Amelia. You could see in the way he would look at her, so gentle and lovingly. He wouldn't have had it any other way, although if it was maybe just him and Amelia he would be more than content.

That was alright though, he felt at ease sitting with people he loved.