Four

Come lunch, Mr. E is at Amelia's door, out​ of breath but still excited.

"Okay, so I have tickets to see a show at the performance center in a couple of weeks and you have to go..." He panted.

Amelia was perplexed, to say the least. "Why, what kind of show?" She asked curiously.

Roderich thought quickly. "Well, my girlfriend won't go because she detests classical music so you were the second person to come to mind." He fibbed. She was the first. He wasn't lying completely, because his girlfriend would fall asleep in a concert just to piss him off. And she has.

"Ugh..." Amelia sighed. "I don't know if I should, Roderich..."

"It would just be us as colleagues or friends, I promise. Besides, it's not like you're still a student."

Amelia sat for a moment to mull this over. She already was currently with Gilbert, but she still wanted to be oblivious to the fact that, at this point, they were simply just friends with benefits.

"I guess..." She shrugged.

Roderich smiled ear to ear, glad that she agreed to going with him. "I can't thank you enough! We'll work out the other details when it's near, I have to go order some music for next semester music assessments. I'll see you later."

Amelia waved him goodbye, a couple of students coming into her classroom. She forgot she had office hours today.

She looked up, and saw Natalia with a small girl with a golden blunt bob. She wore a ribbon in her hair, and a girly dress.

"Ms. Jones?" Natalia caught her attention.

She looked up, and gave a friendly smile to Natalia and her friend. "Yes?"

"Can I just look at the moon phases?" She asked.

Amelia thought; it seemed easy and beginner friendly, but it wasn't on the syllabus... It was okay, she didn't see why not. "Sure, go ahead!"

"Thank you. Uh, let's go to lunch now Lilli." Natalia give her signature smirk, and left the room with her friend behind.

"Have a nice day Ms. Jones." She said meekly. Amelia waved, smiling at her.

She thought Natalia might not hate her as much as she thought, which comforted her. She didn't know if it would last though, so she shouldn't hold her breath.

-∆-

The day was over, and Roderich was wiped out. His classes and students were wonderful this year, but they were also tiring. He was already excited for their first break.

Just as the man pulled into the driveway of his house, he received a call. He picked up the phone, not recognizing the number.

"Hallo?"

"Is this Mr. Edelstein?" The person on the other line asked inquisitively. They had a peculiar accent...

He furrowed his brows in confusion. "Yes, who is this?" He queried.

The voice on the other line chuckled shortly. "It's Ivan, I wanted to let you know I'm in town." He answered.

Roderich had to keep himself from yelling any profanity. "Ah, yes! I saw a couple of your videos on YouTube and was curious! How are you?" He was trying to not be super excited, but he was anyways.

"Oh," Ivan thought for a moment, "I'm alright. I talked to my mom, and realized I owed you a call." He laughed.

Roderich nodded. "Yeah, you sure do!" He joked. "But um, will you be staying a while? I'd like to see you sometime."

"Oh, yeah! I'll be staying here while everything is all calmed down and I'm staying with my girlfriend, since she lives here..."

He was confused.. Girlfriend? Who was it? "Oh, is she nice?"

"You've met her before. Do you remember Chun-Yan? Second first*?"

"Yes, of course! She's a wonderful girl. She's very energetic." He scrunched his nose, knowing they were polar opposites. The wheels were turning in his head...

"Well, um, I got kind of sidetracked, sorry... I initially called to ask if you wanted to go-",

"Yes."

Ivan sighed. "I didn't even finish my sentence."

Roderich laughed. "Well, I know what you were going to ask, and yes I want to see one of your performances. I need two tickets though, I'm bringing my girlfriend."

"Cool, can do. I'll email you... I have to go right now, I'm really sorry to cut this call short. We'll have time to talk later." Ivan said quickly.

Roderich nodded in acknowledgement. "Yes, we'll talk later. Bye."

And the phone was hung up.