Three

Roderich had been getting along with Natalia. She was exceptional at the oboe, had a 'colorful' vocabulary and was funny. He was a bit concerned about her obsession with her brother, but he had been gone and hadn't visited since he left for school, so he tried to be understanding.

Natalia talked about him a lot, but when she wasn't she was talking about normal stuff. She was pleasant enough.

Then when he heard what Amelia said about her, Roderich didn't take long to realize it was because her science teacher dumped her older brother.

That must be awkward... Hopefully she'll realize she needs to get over it sooner or later.

But Roderich was looking for more pieces to give the kids in his advanced classes, when he came across a video in recommended...

His jaw dropped, his mouse hovering over the thumbnail. He read the title, and looked closely at the screen of his computer to make sure he wasn't going crazy.

"No fucking way..."

He clicked on it, watching the video in disbelief and wanting to call someone up and screech.

He was the next Joshua Bell. He was a master of his craft, Roderich was so shocked to see him in a real venue. In Europe.

It gets better.

The videos that would play next were from everywhere... Germany, Russia, Japan..

"Whah.... Huh- huh?? How???" Roderich was stuttering as he scrolled through.

It suddenly hit him, like a slap to the face.

He inhaled deeply, standing from his desk at home, and yelled,"HOLY FUCK THAT'S MY BOY!!!"

-∆-

The next few days of school for Amelia were a bit stressful, but she was quickly adapting to the environment. Her classroom was a home away from home, and she enjoyed the company of the students.

Every once in a while a teacher popped in, but today Mr. Edelstein walked in with a fire in his gaze.

"Ameliathere'sareallycoolconcertthatwillbeattheperformancecenterandyouneedtogo."

She set down her coffee, laughing a little. "Dude, slow down."

"What are you doing next month? Specifically the first Saturday of the month?" He asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know... Why??" She gave him a look that told him he was acting super weird.

He thought for a moment of what to say. "I'm going to a show and it's right up your alley-" he was interrupted by the school bell.

"Well..." Amelia shook her head, "Talk to me about it later, I'm.. I'm curious about it." She suggested. Students waited at her door for her.

She let out Roderich and let in her students. Her first period with Natalia was a typically quiet, depressing class, and so her cheery demeanor was not enough to lift their spirits. So she gave them papers for a project for that school year.

"Who here is good with telescopes?" She surveyed.

A couple of kids raise a hand, not including the grumpy Belarusian.

She rubbed her hands together, "Well, then this project is going to be a breeze.. Anyone ever looked at Jupiter, or Mars?"

No response. No one even makes an effort.

"Well, anyone own a telescope? ... Natalia?" She decided to pick on her.

The girl sat up straight at her name being mentioned. "Well, my brother has one." She said duly. She earned laughter from the other students, putting a smirk on her face.

Amelia merely shook her head, "Well, if you could borrow it, it would help you with this project. What I'm asking of you all is to observe a few planets for a couple months and see what they do and how they move. And if you don't have access, don't worry! The PTA actually got us a couple telescopes after they heard we would have a new AP class." She explained enthusiastically.

Her class went on to be quite mundane, mostly crickets when she asks a question. It was just her talking about the rules of borrowing a telescope and other stuff they'd look at.

Until Natalia actually raises her hand to ask something.

"Yes?"

Natalia looked around and then at Amelia. "So, this a year-long project, I'm assuming. Is there anything cool events happening? Any weird natural phenomenons?" She asked.

Amelia shrugged, "Well, uh, I made a list that's on your syllabus. There's supposed to be a couple blue moons next year, and a solar eclipse next month."

"Will we stare at the sun during the eclipse?" She joked, earning even a chuckle from Amelia.

She sighed, "All jokes aside, it wouldn't be unreasonable to look at it. But with glasses, obviously." The bell rang.

"Well, you have a week and a half to figure what you want to look at first, and if you happen to not have a telescope or you forget to bring it home, that's what the internet is for!" She held open the door, earning a wave from Natalia.

Everyone was acting funny today...

AN: I want to give you all a great big apology for my absence. It may already be obvious why (testing season/violin makes me want to hurl myself off of the causeway), but come summer there will hopefully be more frequent updating. Please stay tuned and have a good day :^D