FOUR ➳ PITY PARTY

"Thanks for coming to tryouts with me," Allison said as her and Rowan climbed up the metal bleachers just like they did a couple days ago at the last practice.

Rowan, who now came prepared with a winter jacket sat down as Allison waved to Scott. "No problem. It was either this or go shopping for the eighteenth time this week with Lydia. I love her and shopping, but my bank account does not," Rowan sighed while she watched the teams break a part on the field. Scott was playing first against Jackson's team in this game of Elimination. Stiles was on the bench, leaning forward on his knees nervously.

He glanced back at the bleachers to see Allison and then Rowan. When the brunette girl smiled at him and waved, he quickly looked away, focusing once more on Scott. Rowan furrowed her eyebrows and shamefully lowered her hand, hoping no one saw how embarrassing that was. Does he hate me or something? Rowan shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts. I've only talked to him twice. He can't hate me from two conversations. She watched Stiles who kept looking back and forth from Scott and to Allison, completely ignoring Rowan and her existence. Can he?

"What are you wearing to the party tonight?" Allison asked. As she said that, Scott was running down the field, cradling the ball in his net, only for Jackson to appear out of no where and knock him down. Both Rowan and Allison cringe in shock as Scott lied sprawled out on the field.

Once Scott got back up on his feet, the tension surrounding the girls ceased. "I wasn't going, and I thought you weren't either," Rowan said, eyes still trained on the whole game. For the majority of the first part, Jackson continued to push Scott around like he was nothing but a rag doll. Rowan was trying to figure out if Jackson was just aggressive on the field or a jackass to everyone that is presented as a threat.

"I wasn't going to at first, but then Scott asked me on a date—"

"A what?!" Rowan squawked, gaining the attention of many people as they turned around to figure out where the source of the noise came from. The two blushed furiously and stayed quiet. Rowan looked around them and asked no one in particular, "Who said that?" Allison tried to muffle her laughter in her cold hands.

When everyone gave the boys their undivided attention, Rowan slapped Allison in the upper arm. "You're going on a date with Scott McCall? What the hell? Tell me how this happened!" Allison instantly rubbed the spot Rowan hit to soothe the growing pain.

"First off, you have to promise me you're going," Allison bargained and Rowan rolled her eyes.

"I shall promise no such thing," Rowan sassed. "I told you. I have stuff going on," she continued, flipping her brown hair over her shoulder and focusing her stare back on the field of sweating teenage boys. She cringed again when Scott was checked by Jackson. Yup, definitely a jackass.

"By stuff you mean napping. Lydia told me how often you sleep, and I don't think it's that healthy to sleep ten hours every night to go home and take a two hour nap."

Rowan rolled her eyes again, exposing the white part of her green eyes. It made her look like a demon from that reaction and Allison laughed at her attitude. "We're not talking about me anymore. We're talking about how you scored a date with Scott over there," Rowan replied as Scott almost made it to the other side of the goal to shoot, only for Jackson to reappear like an incurable illness and shove him to the ground.

"Okay, so basically, I hit over a dog when I was driving—"

"I think I just felt this friendship die," Rowan declared, rising from the bleachers only for Allison to laugh. She grabbed Rowan's arm and yanked her back down into her seat.

"Anyways, that happened. And I felt awful so I brought it to the Animal Clinic where Scott works. My clothes were all wet from the rain—"

"From the rain or?"