TWENTY THREE ➳ HIDDEN TALENTS

All wrapped up in her winter coat, Rowan sat in the metal bleachers alone. Usually, Lydia would be with her, but she did't have to come anymore, and neither did Allison. Come to think of it, Rowan didn't need to either because she wasn't technically dating any of the players, but she was excited to see Stiles play for the first time.

As she rubbed her hands together for warmth, she saw Allison climbing up the seats with her family in tow. Confused, Rowan waved to the pale girl. With a big smile, Allison traveled through the stands and plopped herself down beside Rowan. Mr. Argent and another woman sat with the two girls, but the brunette enjoyed the company.

"I'm kinda surprised you're here," Rowan said, brushing back some of her baby hairs that fell on her forehead.

Allison shrugged. "I'm surprised too," she replied.

The players were on the sidelines, pulling their cleats onto their feet. Jackson and Scott sat beside one another and Rowan raised an eyebrow at this. She scanned the field, eyes intently searching for Number 24, only to see no one with that jersey number. Confused, Rowan leant forward onto the palm of her hand as she waited for her crush to just sprint out from the school, late.

Rowan snapped out of her daze when the woman beside Mr. Argent laughed at a joke Allison said. Feeling guilty, Rowan turned to the young woman with a sheepish smile.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I forgot to introduce myself," Rowan said, catching her company's attention. She stuck out one of her cold hands for a polite handshake. "I'm Rowan Bauer," she greeted and the woman held her hand, raising her eyebrows. She turned to Mr. Argent with a shocked face as Rowan hesitantly let go of the handshake.

"Kate," she responded. "I'm Allison's aunt. I'm sorry, did you say Bauer?" Kate questioned, scratching at the back of her neck in confusion.

Chris, Allison's dad, turned to her with a warning look, but the woman ignored it, leaning closer to Rowan. Allison was confused as to why her family was so interested in Rowan's last name.

"Yes, she's Tristan and Isla's kid," Chris said, placing a hand on Kate's shoulder to jerk her back into her seat.

Chuckling nervously, Rowan turned her head back to the game, hoping to see that Stiles was there by now. When the was met by any possible number, except for 24, she sighed.

Maybe he's by the snack stand. Excusing herself, Rowan stood up from the bleachers to see if she would bump into Stiles. As she walked down the seats, she felt someone's eyes on her as she passed. Rowan, who was paranoid, just began to walk faster.

Once she arrived, she ordered a scorching cup of hot chocolate, smiling when she was handing the styrofoam cup. As Rowan sipped from the cup, gagging at how hot it actually was, she looked over the crowd to find Stiles.

"Where are you?" she mumbled to herself, standing on the tips of her toes to look above everyone.

All of a sudden, someone tapped her shoulder and Rowan smiled to herself. Turning around though, she was met with Kate, who had a kind smile on her face. Somehow, Rowan still felt uneasy around her, but maybe it was because they just met.

"Uh, hi," Kate said and Rowan furrowed her eyebrows, but smiled anyways. Why the hell did you follow me here? "I just wanted to ask you something," she continued as Rowan let her gaze on the crowd travel to the woman's face.