TWENTY TWO ➳ BATHROOM

Rowan was at her locker after lunch when Stiles appeared out of nowhere with the goofiest smile on his face. He leant himself against the locker beside Rowan as she pulled out a couple books for her upcoming classes.

"Hey there," Stiles greeted, giving her a wide smile.

Rowan furrowed her eyebrows before closing her locker to lean against it. Now, she clutched her notebooks to her chest as she faced Stiles with a confused smile.

"Why are you so happy?" she asked him.

Stiles rocked back and forth on his heels before stating, "I'm on first line." Rowan began to smile widely and hug Stiles unexpectedly. It was just a one armed, awkward thing where she slung her arm around Stiles neck. He instantly wrapped one arm back around her waist, and Rowan heard his breath hitch in his throat. "Also," he said while Rowan pulled away. "I want you to come to my first game."

"Of course I'm coming. Why wouldn't I?" she scoffed. Stiles continued to bounce on his feet, so Rowan tilted her head to the side. "Did you need to tell me anything else?" she asked, a smile still tugging at the corners of her rosy pinky lips.

"Y-Yeah, actually." Stiles rubbed at his hair awkwardly, and then proceeded to scratch his neck. Rowan raised an eyebrow at this, but then laughed as Stiles tried to speak, only to choke on his words. He instantly turned red as he stuttered, and he gave Rowan an awkward nod. "Nope. Not anymore. Bye," he spluttered before stepping away from her to end the conversation before it even started.

Laughing, Rowan grabbed his forearm and dragged him back to stand in front of her. If it was even possible, Stiles turned more red.

"Was there something you wanted to talk about?" the brunette asked, rocking back and forth on her heels. Rowan peered at Stiles's face intently as he looked around the hallway, anywhere but her face.

Sighing, Stiles finally met Rowan's green eyes and licked his lips. "So," he began, only to end as quickly as he started. He groaned and tilted his head back.

Rowan sensed his anxious attitude and laughed before tucking some hair behind her ear. "Why are you so nervous? It's just me," she comforted.

Stiles rubbed a hand over his face, the other clenching around the strap of his backpack so tightly that his knuckles turned white. "That's actually why I'm nervous," he mumbled to himself, not expecting Rowan to hear.

Stiles snapped his head up from his stare at his shoes to see the girl in front of him cinching her eyebrows in confusion. She opened her mouth to speak, probably a question on what his words meant, but Stiles started to shout words that didn't make sense. He really did not want to explain himself.

"So, um, ha, erm—" he stuttered, waving his hands around to somehow piece together his thoughts. Rowan stared at him quizzically, causing Stiles to just crash and burn further. He couldn't focus on his ideas when she was looking at him like that. "Rowan," he finally said, and she raised her eyebrows in surprise. It was usually Ro to Stiles, never her full first name.

"Yes?" she said, tilting her head to the side. Her green eyes twinkled with a sort of happiness that Stiles's couldn't help but open his mouth, only to completely lose his train of thought. Stiles cursed under his breath, hating himself by getting distracted. "Stiles, are you sure you're okay? You're never this nervous around m—"