EIGHT ➳ TRIPLE DATE

Allison and Rowan stood on the lunch line, waiting for the people in front of then to move along. Rowan was agitated, seeing everyone else eat from their trays while she starved for just one fry. She skipped breakfast because she overslept and Mr. Harris took the bag of Cheerios she was eating in class, causing Rowan to call him a "moldy toenail" and she almost received a detention. If it wasn't for Scott and Stiles whispering towards the back of the classroom, Mr. Harris would have probably taken Rowan's bag of cereal and shove it down her throat until she choked. Instead, the spawn of Satan turned his attention to Stilinski and threatened to give him the detention.

"Did you hear about the bus incident?" Allison asked Rowan as the line finally started to move along.

"Like the one that ran over Regina George?" she joked. Allison rolled her eyes at her best friend's reference before slightly nudging her in the side to shut her up.

"No, some guy was attacked and was taken to the hospital," the black haired girl said as the two girls kept walking on the lunch line. Now, they waited for Allison's salad to be prepared.

"Well that's a bummer." A different staff member handed Rowan a plate of fries, making her eyes light up at the sight of it. She eagerly took the plate and her and her best friend waited as the line slowly dragged on.

"You know what else is a bummer?" Rowan raised her eyebrows at Allison's words, waiting for her to speak. She shoved a fry in her mouth as they waited for the line to move along. "Seeing you crush on Stiles and not do anything about it."

Rowan choked. Still, she couldn't help but not regret her choice of eating the fry because her stomach was slowly eating away at itself.

While she coughed viciously, Allison slapped at her back to help her. Worry was written all over the pale girl's face as Rowan just kept turning red.

"I do not have a crush on him," she spat as they finally made their way to the cashier. "I'll have you know that my love life is very nonexistent at the moment, and probably will be for a while."

"Why? You're so pretty!"

Rowan rolled her eyes at that statement. She never really wanted a boyfriend because all they ever did was date her because she was pretty. Rowan was just a piece of arm candy for them and she hated that. She wasn't going to let some crusty, teenage boy make her anything less than what she is worth.

"I'm not going on any dates anytime soon," Rowan replied as her and Allison walked away from the lunch line to come face to face with Lydia. Their friend had a wicked smirk on her face as she stood in front of the two, green eyes gleaming with mischief. Shit, Rowan instantly thought, hoping to the Big Man upstairs that Lydia did not just hear what she said.

"Soon to be determined," Lydia stated. Shit, fuck, shit. Rowan gawked at her, but didn't get a chance to ask what she meant by that before Lydia turned her attention elsewhere. "Allison, I have taken the pleasure of bringing everyone over to Scott's table, so you will not be alone with two, awkwardly weird teenage boys."

"Lydia, you really didn't have to do that," Allison muttered, trying to conceal her true emotions. On the other hand, Rowan's furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips showed she really did not want to sit next to Stiles when Lydia was at the table.

She didn't know if she had it in her to watch Stiles constantly stare at Lydia, pay attention to Lydia, fawn over Lydia, love Lydia. The brunette shivered slightly as she attempted to push those thoughts out of her head.

The strawberry blonde smiled brightly before shrugging her shoulders at Allison. "But I did, so let's go." Then, she sashayed off to Scott's table and plopped herself down right beside him.