3

Violet POV
I wake up taking a deep breath , before putting my legs over the side of the bed . Xander is no where to be seen but ' 5 am ' reads on the clock on the bedside table .

Grabbing a blanket , I head down the stairs going towards what looks like an office of some sort . Only to find Xander fast asleep on the desk , surrounded by papers .

I tap his shoulder , he groans whispers " go away I'm trying to sleep " shrugging it off I go into the kitchen . After making a cup of tea , I sit on the sofa staring at almost nothing just to past time .

The whole pack house I notice is silent , until someone down stairs lets out screams . Jumping slightly , I go into Xander's office he wakes up rubbing his eyes whispers " was that you love?" I shake my head .

He gets up from the desk , going straight down to the basement I presume . Xander whispers " go to bed ill come up with some tea in a minute your not seeing this just yet " I nod going back up the stairs into the room .

Going into the bed room , I wrap the covers around myself again hugging the pillows for comfort . Does he hurt people? Would he ever put me down there?

The questions go on and on , until Xander walks in with some tea . He hands me a cup helping me sit up , although I can by myself .

He sighs whispers " sorry if it made you jump or scared but they won't harm you that's a promise " I nod taking sips of my tea . The only time I ever heard screams like that , was when I screamed .

I sigh grabbing the note pad with a pen , taking a minute or two eventually I start writing . I write ' would you ever put me down there? If I was being stubborn?' he shakes his head whispers " no I might tell you to calm down but I'd never put you down there ."

' I'd never put you down there ' echoes through my thoughts , he waves his hand in front of me as I zone out of everything . Xander writes ' why are you so quiet?' I write ' silent is the worst but best when hurting instead of speaking of it you stay quiet about it .'

His eyebrow raises in confusion , not understanding why I wouldn't wanna be open with him . I write ' the things they did ..it would make you more then angry with me even if it wasn't my fault ' Xander whispers " I'd never put the blame on you for any of it ."

My eyes start to drop slightly , he rubs my back helping me fall asleep . Although he is a scary alpha , I'm convinced he's got a soft side .

Xander whispers " sleep love it'll help " I nod tiredly , wrapping the covers back around me . He lays down next to me , watching every movement I make before kissing my head .

After putting the cups on the bed side table , Xander grabs my hand holding onto it . As if I'm gonna disappear if he doesn't have me in his hold .

Although I'm fading quietly , I'm not leaving .

Xander POV
I wake up a couple hours later , Violet is peacefully asleep next to me with her fingers still laced with mine .

Rubbing my eyes I get up before kissing her head again , although it's been two days since our meeting I'm already falling .

Violet fell asleep with no problems again , but through everything eventually it'll break her . It broken me . I'm supposed to be the hard , cruel alpha but with Violet I'm better then that .

She needs comfort , reassurance that she'll be safe and I'm doing exactly that at the moment . All the paperwork is piled on my desk , where her dad's pack is and who is in his pack .

People who are dead , we've crossed out leaving quite a few people even then  but not as many as we have . War isn't a choice .

I wouldn't wish it on this pack or his pack , I couldn't live with so many lives on my hands like that . Half of the pack are just teens , reaching the age where training is going to be started and their role understood .

I can't just rip their choices away like that , it would meaning leaving Violet in a safe house just to end a war . Whether I come back or not .

Getting up from my bed , I go straight to the shower letting the water droplets fall down me . Blood forms at the bottom of the shower , making me gasp slightly.

I look at my hands , they are covered in thick blood . Looking out the shower , a body lays covered in blood . Oh god .

Wrapping a towel around my waist , I step out rushing straight to the body . Violet lays covered in her blood , I whisper " stay with me it's okay your not dying ."

She nods wincing from the pain , I grab her hand whisper " I can't take the pain I'm so sorry love it'll kill me ." Violet cries " it's okay  leave me " I shake my head refusing to leave her side .

Someone touches my shoulder , I look up to see Violet there . Getting up from the ground , I pull her into a hug sighing in relief .

Maybe it was my future shown , but I don't believe the vision .

Follow , vote or comment
•fadedteen•