Chapter One

Milky moon light crept through the cut work lace material into the room. The air had a chill in it, waltzing in out her dark room, it smelled fresh, scented. She had completed a year today. Ele paused in her what she was doing. Closing her journal gently placing on the bedside table she rose from the bed. A year before she had managed to escape away from the luxury of the forest. Listening to the animals, loitering around. She missed listening to birds chirping, watching owls awake at night making funny noises. Elenor had willing given up the pleasure of forest successfully running away from the royal family whom her family served right from centuries. She didn’t turn back since then.

Elenor knew she wasn’t fit between the humans it was difficult at times to find a perfect empty spot of green grassy land where she could practise some of her chants. It was customary to dress in a white silk gown besotted with the aura of the night sitting right in the middle of burning candles and re - living her special moments in the forest. Taking in the calm stillness of dark silver night when sleep lull humans. While the humans enjoyed their unconscious sleep she practised to achieve peace and savour the night aura within her.

Since she had left all behind it was rarely that she practised. Searching for sneaky opportunity out of people’s eyes trying to keep her identity hidden apart from the fact that she was mortal just a little different from normal ones.

The full moon was shining over her head. Elenor watched out as the city was still clad with lights and couples, teenagers walk down the street at one am in the night. Her roommate Brunuel Cosworth itself was missing. If Elenor left at this hours Brunuel would give uncounted calls in seconds which surely would cost Elenor even higher.

It had been months now since she had been alone with Mother Nature. Her body was screaming with need. The striking pain of longing would be even intense counting in the full moon. It was not just sitting in the middle of the candles and keeping your eyes shut but it was far more than that it was experiencing the power in her and enhancing them for use. Only on a full moon could she choose to watch the future of the one whom she wanted not like the other times when she would gasp as a shot of images pull out in front of her eyes from behind the curtains of nowhere in slideshow irrespective of it being day or night, in middle of the shower or even in middle of powerless humans.

This night was different, her face had turned pale, she could sense the night calling her. Elenor had to wait till Brunuel ends home and be rested in her bed that is when she would loiter out in search of a place where she could do as her body demanded and follow her customs. This was not the effect of months of denial, something was amiss here.

Elenor snapped her head up in realisation, it was the night her mother had spoken about.

Her legs had turn wobbly aching in all intimate places. So many full moons had come and gone, she would wait until she was free to run freely with happiness where she could  practise without fear of prying eyes. Tonight was entirely different. It was not her willingness or her happiness to enjoy her ritual it was a need her body craved to fulfill. Only once in lifetime did such a night arise in every foreteller’s life, a night to have a chance to see ones mate........... Her spouse.

Her mother had once given her an intense explanation of how it all worked. She had spoken of the craving, a dizzy lusty night. Elenor had the words still intact in her mind. ‘it all happens without realization. On a full moon night among the period of your living you may face a need...... let me tell you it is an intense need of your body ready to be claimed. It drives you mad till the tiny bit of ecstasy is fulfilled. It’s is convulsing and may be for a shorter while at times and at times it may be lengthier than you can imagine. At the beginning it last for an hour and if you’re lucky to have your lover around you can be bound to him physically, emotionally for eternity.  Being around him will arouse you like the tempting night wanting to touch and be touched, craving for it until you are united with him’ Elenor cringed with the idea. ‘Cringing away or making faces will not save you Elenor, there will be a time when you will walk in need towards him and understand the bonds are not easily broken’ she tried explaining her ‘one single touch from your lover in all right places and within you, honey it a joy for every foreteller to experience it. The union with the love of your life that you are assigned by mother nature. You cannot run away from it. It will chase you until you submit to your husband. Once the bonds are tied intimately he will be your husband to care for and you will be his rightful wife’