Chapter Thirteen

Ele was restless she hadn’t spoken to Ron after their disagreement. She had brazenly deny him their bond. All she wanted was to explain him her need for time. she wanted to know him more deeper than she did. ‘Ron’

He shut his eye at her sweet serene voice. She had an immaculate selfdom. Elenor had hurted him. It agonised to know she hated him being a vampire. Ron couldn’t change that about him. He was born so. He was grief- stricken by the knowledge.

Ele embraced him from behind. kissing his arm. She was truly sorry, he read that in her mind.

‘she wanna know more about you. Requesting time is not a sin she has committed. How far does she knows you?’  his inner voice spoke to him.

‘We were born so’ he said he knew she was listening ‘at first servants helped us feed. Father kept wet nurse for each one of us seeing to it that our nurses were well fed. Our nurses were loyal and they loved us. They took us as normal kids. Speaking about blood as though it was milk’ his back was ramrod. He was staring far in distance. He could see his story coming alive in front of his mind eyes. ‘They thought us, trained us to control lust for blood. we were kept hidden from world eyes. None but the palace servant knew we were different from the others. You parents linked us to earth and things were very simple. With the passion for loyalty and our gifted powers, we would perceive who is trustworthy’ Ron’s shoulder drooped.

She let her arms fall ‘Life was easy. Things were easy. We had everything and then war broke the ice of heaven father had created for us. All our wet nurses were killed. Blood lust drove us to cross our limits. Each night Zack would feast on a poor human. He didn’t spare women, children neither aged. I feasted too.’  Ele held her courage tight. Her guts coiled with the image sailing in her head. Making her heart strong she hugged him again from behind. ‘We all did. We were young hungry, hardly could we understand there is lesser than a half an inch gap between life and death. It was food. We had turned animals’ He paused. The muscle in his jaws flexed ‘Zack usually was the last to suck blood. He often said he loved sharing with his siblings first and we prided on his love for his brother and sister but never killed for blood. I wondered how people didn’t protest or even try to come after us after what we did to them. Every night we would feed and let the human go. None of us were aware of the humans going missing’ Ele gasped ‘All was well until that one night where i happen to reach unfortunately. As usual Zack picked the girl in his arm promising to give her food and let her go but he carried her in the basement’ she ran her hand over his tight muscle ‘Zack first drank a little until she was pale unable to raise her arm, weak, fragile. He drew circles around her with his special knife. Zack loved the knife more than his life. He gashed her skin with it’

‘The girl lay there bleeding. Zack was enjoying. I felt rotten on the sight but still i waited back to watch what he would do next. He rapped her. Her body was covered with blood. Red from top-down. Her soul left her body. She died in front of my eyes. I was staring at her wide eyed, guilty i didn’t save her. That moment I felt more like a killer than just an onlooker. She left her last breath staring at me. I didn’t save…..her’ his voice was hoarse ‘I’ll never forget her eyes Ele. She won’t leave my conscience.

Ele quietly consumed all he said ‘It was the same unholy night when father died, mother killed herself and Zack was chosen the king. That night I chose to live separate, away from Zack his cruelty and live on stuffed blood’

Ele clinged firmly resting her head against his shoulder ‘I live you Ron’

In response he encompassed her in his arms. Pecking a kiss on her head.

Frazer stood at a gap from her ‘Can you hear me Ele?’

It was perfectly silent. Her human ear could hear nothing. How could he expect her to hear him move at such distance?. No crunching noise of the leave, nothing shifting, no whiff of a peculiar fragrance in the air that could tell there was someone there besides her. Her eyes were blindfolded. She shook her head. Her ears were very attentive towards the door waiting for Ron. He didn’t press her further to complete the bond, neither did she raise it up. Ele still wanted to wait for some ore.