Chapter Four

Elenor’s chevy SS hit the asphalt road late that evening. Beumonshire wasn’t that far, about a day and a night travel with the most available transport in hand.  She was guilty about lying to Brun. Ele had encouraged Brun to think she was about to catch the next available flight. Beumonshire was her secret to keep. She couldn’t herself speak about Vampire and Witch and magic and foreteller. certainly Brun would think her out of her mind. Insane for sure. Vampire’s existence has always remained a secret and they would cross any limit to keep it a secret. Even if she managed to convince Brun of their existence. Ele could never guarantee her life would be safe after that. Elenor itself was not sure if vampires have migrated from their heavenly dwelling and if they did then it wouldn’t take them even a minute to read Brun’s mind and know she knows it all. She would be drained off blood in a blink by the evil fiends loitering on earth.   

Although the royal ones never lived a life of cruelty but recently they have been staying so. They have been feeding lately like a parasite. Ele crouched with the idea of blood in her mouth. Its iron taste filthy the taste of her mouth. Did Ron seriously drained the priest? she feared it, and wished not to happen so. How can anyone kill a priest? but anyone who knows a Vampire will know how hard it is to hold back when you are stark hungry. Was their situation that worst that they had no stock available for food? Lord her head was swooned with the flooding questions.

She trembled within, convincing Brun was a head hammering task she had to make do with telling her again and again she would be back although Ele was not sure if she would ever be back but she would remain unattached to her for her safety. To let Brun live her life.

The street was as usual isolated with only streetlights to focus on. It was the same as the night she had travelled out of Beumonshire. She looked through the windshield at the silent street teasing her memory. Ele watched the dark silhouette of tree passing by as she drove on. Ele still remember herself clad in her ceremonial white flawless gown be-seated in the middle of the circle under the witnessing star taking in rich aroma’s of the forest, escaping hidden eyes in the corners of the palace. It was the most soothing, panicking, misery filled period of darkness between sunset and sunrise.

Her loss was huge, she had lost both her parents in the war. Their powers were the biggest enemy, they died. They died protecting the king from any harm in the war. Even after constantly pleading her mother, she refused to include her in their most holy binding ritual. The ritual were said to bind all the ones being named for, protecting them from any physical harm, hurt or loss but the amount of power it costed is like depriving oneself from the choice to life. Ele had remained bundled in her ancient stone house making her own power to bond with her parents. She tried pushing herself in the holy ritual but couldn’t cut through in. She was hardly eighteen then not powerful enough to fight the shield her mother had framed around her and her husband.

The priest and local women, children, elderly people recited prayers in the church for the safety of the king and his army from Calvary to menial workers who willing took part in the battle to protect their small town from any harm. Marcus the old throne king fathered Zack and his other sons. He was very popular for his loyalty, giving nature and protectiveness. His people didn’t fear him but looked forward to him in dire consequence for help. King for his small dynasty had stayed put on the mutual agreement to keep their blood lust in check with the council.

Marcus never quenched his hunger over his people he kept his existence hidden.  Marcus was a parasite none beside her parents, she and council knew about but his cousin Caius threatened to overthrow Marcus of his throne and rule the town.

The battle was fought for three days constantly. Elizabeth Viewforth and Ruiz Viewforth fought till the end. They had succeeded in shielding the ones without water, food for three days continuously. Marcus army had won in pushing the opponent army away.