Chapter Nine

Ele rocked back and forth beside her parents grave, tracing her palm over wild flower bed, blooming over their grave under the blue sky. It was three years since she had left them here alone. Ele felt she had betrayed her parents by doing just the opposite of what she promised them she would do.

There wasn’t a soul that was as lonely as her, blessed with power to dominate any immortal but still she was lonely. After their small argument and disapproval with Ron she had stormed directly to her small cottage in search of solace. Her cottage was her birth place. She had spent such beautiful moments there. Elizabeth her mom would spend hours preparing for them most delicious meal ever and dad would keep moving around the kitchen to steal a bite of her delicious food. Ele tried her level best to cook as her mom did but she was always a step behind in preparing as delicious meals as her.  Her home held so many sweet memories that where burnt down to ashes. Ele found her house burnt down. Her instant loss bore massive weight on her heart. Off course, How could she yell, blame or scream at anyone when she itself wasn't present to save her house from being ablazed.

Ele knelt before her house, shedding tears. She so literally wished she had stayed behind to stop her home being burnt down. Weakly she forced herself up on her feet.

Broken heartedly she walked towards her parents grave. The next best place to find solace was her parents grave who yet stayed deep in the woods buried into the earth. The meadow still held it’s beauty. Red flower on green grass with white flowers in between. It spread far and wide away. Dancing along the breeze tune, untouched and pure. She had chosen this place for her parents to let them sleep in peace between the pure scent of roses assailing the air. The sun was setting welcoming the cold nights in. Ele cradled her knees in her arms looking at the sky blankly. She didn’t wanted to go back yet. Her thoughts were hodgepodge, her heart wanted Ron for herself forever but her mind was afraid to be binded to a vampire, a royal one. The royalty has always remained her greatest angst. For her Ron was a magnet who kept pulling her towards him and she was buoyantly being attracted to him.

‘It’s a good thing you returned’ a frail voice spoke from behind her. Ele swirled back at the women holding her weight on a stick much nearing her age. Age that had bought wrinkles under her sunken eye, hair coloured with a tint of white in it. Her spine crooked forward a bit. ‘I thought I would never see you again’

Ele recognised that concern, love filled voice ‘Marri’ she hugged her dipping her head at the juncture of her shoulder and neck. Kissing the sides of her cheek. ‘why this stick?’ Marri was old but not fragile to take help of a stick.

‘a nasty twist’ Marri flew her hand in air making light of it. ‘Your mama, papa missed you and so did this old women’ Marri said. Ele guided her at a nearby rock letting her relax her tired muscles ‘now since you are back dear I can die peacefully’

‘Please don’t speak of dying on me’ Ele heaved a sigh ‘past years I have lost numerous beloved people and things of mine’ she turned to look anywhere but Marri.

‘Good you kept your promise dear’ Marri said drawing compassionate hand over her hair. ‘They are still silky as they were’ Marri liked the texture of them soft, silk, giving a baby touch to it.

Marri needled her fingers into the thick mane massaging her scalp ‘these days I have hardly work to do.These old bones are no longer strong to run about anywhere’ Ele closed her eyes at the pleasure of Marri’s finger in her hair.

‘You are not old yet’ Ele smiled.

‘Believe me daughter my old bones felt amazingly pleased to hear you say that’ Ele was  liking what she was doing, pampering her scalp. ‘It has been long since anyone had braid my hair. Not since mama left’