s i x

I responded to his touch and kissed back with feverish intent.

Although I had only partaken in the activity of kissing once before, Anakin had an effect on me that compelled me to perform as if I had seasoned experience.

Once I realized the severity of what we were doing my eyes flew open and I pushed myself out of his warm embrace.

He just stared at me, wonder and confusion swirling in his blue eyes.

"Verena." He started, breathless from our previous actions.

"We should not have done that Anakin, I shouldn't have let you, I shouldn't have been so willing. It was a mistake." I spat angrily, this simple kiss could spark something that could lead to both of our demises.

I stormed off to my room to pack my things.

"Verena!" He called after my retreating figure.

I ignored him and began folding dresses into my luggage.

"Verena, I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." He apologized.

I finally looked at him, exasperated, "I don't forgive you, but we still need to go to your mystery planet and Naboo. You're still my guardian and if you left suddenly, Padmé would get suspicious, and I don't want her snooping around."

"Well I don't want to travel the star systems with you hating me." He retorted.

"I don't hate you Anakin" I sighed, "I'm just shocked and angry, mainly at myself."

He remained silent as I continued packing my bags.

"You should probably get the cruiser prepared and ready for take off. And put your luggage on the ship too." I tried to break the awkward silence and maybe gain some alone time before I would be isolated on a ship with him.

"It's already prepped and my bags are packed and on the ship, but I'll give you some time alone to finish with your luggage." He said as he walked out of my room.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

I heard the front door of my apartment open and then close.

I sighed aloud and sank to the floor, head in my hands.

"I need to get a grip." I whispered to myself.

"Kissing a Jedi? How stupid are you Verena?" I groaned.

"Talking to yourself?" C8 asked from the doorway.

"C8!" I exclaimed, standing up.
"What are you doing?! You nearly scared me half to death!"

"I saw your little moment with Mr. Skywalker, lucky you." She teased.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "No, not lucky me, if word of that got out, we'd both be in major trouble."

"Sounds exciting, wish I could partake in a forbidden love."

My cheeks turned pink.

"We are not in love C8!" I seethed.

"Oh yes, because two people who hate each other kiss passionately in secret." She scoffed.

"I don't hate him and I certainly do not love him."

"You will." Was all she said.

"Do you need help packing your things?" She changed the topic and adopted a sweet tone of voice.

"I've got it, thanks." I replied bitterly.

C8 walked out of my room and made herself busy tiding up the apartment while she waited for me to be done so she could carry my bags.

Stupid C8, she doesn't know anything, she's just a droid. Her main purpose in life is to speak foreign languages and assist her masters. Not intervene in their personal lives.

I don't even like Anakin Skywalker, how could I love him?

Hey y'all! I've been updating this book and my other book Air & Fire(you should check it out)really quickly and I'm quite proud of myself

Hey y'all! I've been updating this book and my other book Air & Fire(you should check it out)really quickly and I'm quite proud of myself. As always please vote/comment if you're liking the story, love you guys:)