f i v e

Anakin informed the council about our discovery, at least me told me he did, but apparently they felt that they needed more than intuition and some wishy washy evidence to fully accuse the Chancellor.

They claimed that they were watching him closely, but it still made me nervous.

And my maternity leave couldn't have come at a worse time.

I was now completely clueless to the events happening in the Senate and powerless to stop an intrusion of democracy, should one arise.

I was instead confined to my apartment by Anakin's orders, and since I wasn't going out in the public, the Jedi Council felt that I would be safe enough without him, leaving me completely alone.

It was times like these that made me miss C8.

She was a weird droid, but she was better suited in my parents hands, her memory completely erased, the knowledge of Anakin and I's secret relationship gone with it.

I sat on my bed, debating on wether or not I should get up to make food or remain lying down when I felt the worse pain coming from my lower abdomen.

I was used to random pains and cramps at this point, but this felt completely different and one hundred times more painful.

I hoped it wasn't what I thought it was and started walking around in an attempt to lessen the pain.

My efforts, however, were futile.

Just as the pain began to lessen, another wave hit me, causing me to double over.

Tears pricked my eyes from the pain and I realized that this was exactly what I thought.

I was going into labor.