f i f t e e n

After eating breakfast, Anakin and I decided that the sooner we left Naboo, the better.

Though the planet was breathtaking and gorgeous, we needed to find Anakin's mother.

And she was on Tatoonie, the one planet that was the polar opposite of Naboo.

It was entirely covered by sand, which didn't settle well with my long dresses.

The heat only added to my misery, I was beginning to understand why Anakin always wanted to get off this planet.

He landed our ship in one of the many available hangers in a populated city.

People stared as we walked, obviously not used to seeing a Jedi and a Senator in one place.

But by seeing the looks of the people staring, I assumed they were judging how much money we were carrying with us.

Anakin looked at me and noticed my worried face, he glanced at our surroundings, understanding my concern, he hailed a carriage to carry us.

He wrapped his arm around my waist as we waited.

My heart raced at the contact, I looked up at him, his face expressionless as he saw the carriage coming towards us.

It stopped in front of us and Anakin helped me into it, climbing in after me.

The carriage was partly covered and too small for the both of us.

It was a tight squeeze, but neither of us were complaining.

Anakin wrapped his arm around my waist again and pulled my body even closer to his.

"Thank you," I murmured, grateful that we wouldn't have to walk through the city.

"You're very welcome." Anakin responded, "but if anyone came at us, I totally could've taken them." He smirked at me.

I laughed lightly at his attempt at a joke.

"I'm sure, but I think this is a better idea." I smiled at him.

"Very true," he replied, smiling with me.

Our faces were close but I decided against kissing him due to our surroundings.

I settled for resting my head on his shoulder.

I closed my eyes and attempted to get some sleep when Anakin spoke up.

"Verena, wake up," he murmured, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I opened my eyes and smiled, my face growing hot.

Anakin laughed when he saw my state and moved to help me out of the carriage.

"Wait here," he said to the droid pulling the carriage.

He walked up to a store front, the owner looked to be some sort of alien.

He had wings, webbed feet, and a trunk for a nose.

I pulled a look of disgust as I gazed at him, glancing at Anakin and wondering why we were here.

"Where's my mother?" Anakin asked, clenching his jaw at the alien.

"Oh little Ani!" The alien exclaimed with a thick accent probably originating from the outer rim.

My brows furrowed, I was growing more confused by the second.

"My mother," Anakin demanded, his anger evident through his words.

His gaze intensified and his jaw clenched, showing off his tan skin and defined jawline.

I'd never seen Anakin like this, and to be completely honest, it was extremely attractive.