s e v e n

I woke up in a hospital bed, monitors beeping behind me and a needle pricked into my vein.

I winced as I flexed my arm, the needle stinging when I moved.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a figure in my room, I was about to scream for help when I realized who it was.

"Anakin," I whispered, not believing my own eyes.

"Hey darling," he turned around to face me, our daughter in his arms.

He leaned down to kiss my forehead softly before handing me the bundled baby.

I smiled as she looked up at me curiously before giggling.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there to see the birth, they wouldn't let me in," Anakin looked at me sadly.

"What do you mean? How did you even know? I didn't tell you," my words came out harsher than I intended and I winced at my tone.

Anakin didn't seem affected by my words and instead answered my questions, "I felt it in the force Verena, I could sense that you were in pain. So I went to your apartment and when you weren't there, I-I will admit I did think you were kidnapped but then I realized you were probably in labor, so I came here," He laughed awkwardly.

"Well I'm just glad you're here now, but how did you sneak away from the temple?"

"I'm a Master Jedi darling, don't worry, I have some tricks up these sleeves," he winked at me.

"The sleeves of your toga?" I teased.

"No, Verena, how many times do I have to tell you. This," he gestured to his robes, "is the attire of Jedi Masters," he huffed.

The baby in my arms began fussing before I could retort.

She started moving as if she was uncomfortable and then started to whine.

"I think she's hungry," Anakin stated, "I just changed her,"

"You're probably right," I said, opening my hospital gown to feed my daughter, "thank you for changing her,"

"You don't need to thank me darling, she's my daughter, its my job." He declared proudly before sitting on the side of my bed.

We watched our baby girl eat in silence, smiles gracing both of our faces.

"So do you have any names in mind?" Anakin broke the silence.

"Hm, I was thinking maybe Adira or Cyana, what about you?"

"Oh I like Adira, what about Eris for her middle name?"

"I really like that, it's cute, but strong. She'll grow up to be such an amazing woman," I cooed, looking down at Adira with tears in my eyes.

_________

A//N: Adira is pronounced ah•deer•uh