t w e l v e

This chapter starts out a little boring, but it gets better, I promise:)

I was woken up by a violent jerk.

Assuming that we had arrived at Naboo, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, letting myself adjust to the sudden change in position before walking.

I put on some sandals before walking to the cockpit, their soles hitting the smooth floor of the ship and resonating throughout.

I walked into the cockpit. Anakin was at the controls and we were currently inside of Naboo's private hanger meant for royalty and politicians.

Anakin turned to look at me, "You ready to go?"

"Yup" I responded, "Oh, and don't worry about the bags, someone will get them for us."

"Woah, you sure you're not a princess?" Anakin teased, poking fun at my naivety the night before.

"Ha, very funny." I said, narrowing my eyes and plastering a sarcastic smile on my face.

He simply laughed and held out his arm to me.

"Shall I escort you mi'lady?" He asked.

I couldn't tell if he was continuing the joke or being chivalrous, so I simply stared at his outstretched arm.

Reading my thoughts, Anakin spoke up, "I'm being serious Verena."

I hesitated a moment longer and finally grabbed his arm, my hand wrapping around his bicep.

We began walking towards the ship door when I felt something.

"Did you just flex?" I asked.

"No, I don't flex. I don't need to." Anakin responded in a monotone voice.

I glanced over at him, appalled by his brashness.

He was smiling.

Of course.

I shook my head and laughed lightly.

I began walking slightly behind Anakin, letting him lead me.

Luckily a guard escorted us to our room since neither of us knew where we were going.

As we walked by every twist and turn I became more and more grateful of our escort.

The guard finally stopped in front of a large wooden door.