Chapter 12

I am in shock. I can't move or process what I'm seeing, I must have hit my head harder than I thought. I close my eyes, willing her to go away, but when I open them again she's still there.

How?
Why?
How?!

Darovel and Ramben are confused but those two are the least of my concerns at the moment. I finally snap out of my initial shock and manage to speak.
"Morwen?" 
She blinks once, then runs.
"Oh no you don't!" Before anyone can stop me I'm on my feet and running. I chase after her ignoring Darovel's protests. Morwen looks over her shoulder at me, I glare at her. How is she even alive?! I thought she was killed with Sauron! How is this possible?!

I forget my injuries, I forget Ramben and Darovel, all I can focus on is the Elf from my past, the one who betrayed me. Anger courses through me as I recall that night. When she said she loved me, when she kissed me, then let Sauron's orcs take me to Mordor. I start to run faster, gaining on her. She was the reason I let the darkness take me, her betrayal was what pushed me over the edge.

And for that I will never forgive her.

My hand shoots out and grabs her by the arm, jerking her backwards. Unfortunately when Morwen tries to keep herself upright she ends up pulling us both down. We both land unceremoniously on the ground, where we roll around in the dirt like children while trying to get up. Finally, I manage to pin her on her back, holding her down by her wrists. I manage to smirk while catching my breath, Morwen tries to wrench her arms free. 

"Interesting," I say, "fancy meeting you here."
Morwen glares at me, that one strand of hair covering her face, I missed that.
I shake my head. Focus Amarth! Now is not the time to dwell on the past. Morwen takes advantage of my brief moment of distraction yanks her arm free, then punches me in the chest where I'm injured.

I yelp and release her, she scrambles back to her feet. By the time I manage to stand pain explodes throughout my body and I collapse, wheezing while curling in on myself. S-she punched me again! Where I am wounded! Why?
"What? Can't handle a bit of pain? I thought you were tougher than this." Morwen growls in disgust. 
"H-have y-you no re-respect for the-for the injured?" I gasp glaring up at her.

"Do you?" She snarls. What is wrong with her? Why is she mad at me? She's the one who manipulated me! If anyone has a right to be angry it's this Elf laying in pain on the ground. 
"Amarth!" Ramben runs up to me and kneels down beside me, "Are you alright?" He places his hands on my arm and I can't help but smile. He is such a kindhearted soul.
"Would you care to explain what's going on Amarth?" Darovel's words are directed towards me but his gaze is locked on Morwen. 

I glance over at Morwen who is calmly meeting Darovel's gaze, I notice that the man has a throwing knife ready, nice to know that everyone's on my side.
"Ramben, Darovel, this is Morwen. The bane of my existance. Morwen these are Ramben and Darovel, one of them I don't mind having around and the other who is unfortunately starting to grow on me."

"The pleasure is all mine." Morwen says her voice dripping with sarcasm. 
"Why did you lie about who you were?" Darovel questions suspiciously. He's smart to be suspicious. 
"I thought it would be unwise for a solitary Elf to wander the earth alone," she narrows her eyes at Darovel, "you never know what men will do to an Elf if they see one."

"Hey!" I exclaim from where I'm slowly rising to my feet. "No one is allowed to be rude to Darovel except for me."
Morwen scoffs and rolls her eyes.
"Keep your human, and your little Elf. I'm leaving." Morwen storms past us and heads back to where I'm guessing they made camp.
"You're not going anywhere Morwen." I quickly catch up to her but she keeps walking, ignoring me. 

I grab her arm and she stops.
"I thought you were dead Morwen, but here you are alive and well. I think some answers are in order."
"What about you Amarth? I thought you were just as dead as Sauron. I've been alone all this time only to find you again being attacked by some beast." She finally faces me and I can see the faintest traces of tears in her eyes. 
I realize that it would probably be best if we talked alone for awhile. There seems to be a lot we need to talk about, right after I find my shirt...