Chapter 1: Nostalgia

↳LAST DAY OF FALL BREAK

Oct. 9th ↵

Welcome to Riverdale!

The town with PEP!

That was the first sign I had read when I went back to Riverdale.

Yes, I said back.

As a young girl, at the ambitious age of eight, I left Riverdale with my parents and my sister to go to Oregon. Mainly for my mom's job. My mom's a detective, whereas my dad is a journalist. Both of them had a tough time in Riverdale because, for one, there was barely any crime besides robberies and vandalism. Two, there was no crime; the best article a journalist could put out was a delicious recipe or how a cat was saved from a tree.

We could've gone somewhere better than Oregon, but we couldn't afford to move to New York or California. I was glad that we moved to the quiet state of Oregon. There wasn't a lot of drama because everyone was either old or stoned. The town was surprisingly much bigger than Riverdale, but that also meant it was harder to make longlasting friends and have a decent childhood.

I had to admit, I was a little afraid to return to Riverdale. I didn't know if my friends were still there, and I hadn't known this town as much as I once did. I only remember Riverdale through the eyes of an ignorant child. I only remember the playground, my old home, my old life. I didn't know if I was going back to my old life or being reborn into a new life.

Returning, it seemed that nothing had changed. Riverdale Elementary was still there, and so was Riverdale High. Pop's Chock'lit shoppe was also still around. Most of the houses looked the exact same as I had left them. Only two or three looked as though they'd been renovated or reconstructed.

"Are you excited, Catherine?" My mom asked me with a wide smile, turning into a neighborhood.

I let out a small weary laugh. "Mom. You've asked me that three times already. Yes, I'm excited."

"Good. There's no going back," my dad commented. He turned to my mother who was still driving the car. "Isn't it funny how everyone seems to be stuck in Riverdale. Even us! And we managed to get out of here for a while."

Mom shrugged. "Who knows. Maybe we're all cursed by the Blossoms," she giggled.

Blossoms? I don't remember them. I guess that further goes to show how long I've been away.

We pulled up to a vacant house that had a wooden sign, reading "SOLD" in big bold letters. I got out of the car and looked at the two-story home. A cute and quaint house, I'll admit. It was a sky blue color with white wooden panels surrounding the windows. It was the perfect size for just me and my parents.

We began lugging the boxes into the house. The moving men were coming two days from now, so we packed two air mattresses and two pairs of clothes along with necessities to survive the next few days.