Chapter 14: Realization

↳ Saturday Night

Saturday Night

Nov. 12th↵  

I rested my head on Jughead's lap, letting him comb through my hair. We watched the movie Kill Bill at about ten at night. With all the naps I had, I was wide awake. Jughead, on the other hand, was slowly falling asleep. He shifted a little, so I sat up and pretended to fix my hair. He ended up laying down, so I waited for a little while until he was mostly asleep. I turned off the TV and laid beside him, enjoying how it felt to not sleep alone.

I tried my best to sleep, but I couldn't. Jughead wrapped his arm around me, holding me closer before murmuring "nice" sleepily.

"What's nice?" I whispered.

I got no response. Only a small snore. I assumed he was sleep talking to me, or about me.

After about twenty minutes of laying in the dark, I heard my door handle jiggle, and I slowed my breathing to hear.

I heard it jiggle again, hearing some murmuring of two guys.

"Juggy," I whispered, halfway sitting up.

Again, it jiggled roughly, confirming it wasn't an accident nor a coincidence.

"Jughead!" I whisper-shouted, sitting all the way up. I shook his shoulder to wake him up.

"Huh?" He groaned tiredly, rubbing his eye.

"There are some guys trying to break in," I whispered, looking over to the front door. There were two shadows in the window beside the door.

Jughead protectively stood up and took my shoulder, whispering "Stay here and don't move."

He crept over to the kitchen light and turned it on, before turning some other lights on. We both heard them run away, before hearing something hard hit the front door, making me scream. I quickly covered my mouth, wide-eyed.

Jughead looked through the window to confirm that no one was there anymore. He then opened the door and picked up a rock with a note tied to it. He looked at me, and I held my hand out.

"We don't have to read it," he told me, closing the door behind him.

"But we do," I told him, not wanting to read it either. We couldn't just ignore all of this, just in case it gets us into even more trouble with the Serpents, or at least Derek's gang friends. He handed me the rock, and I read the note out loud, fully.

"Dear Catherine,

You hurt Derek, shards of glass in his back and a broken heart. You took away his heart, so now we will take away something precious of yours.