Chapter 16: You Came Back

(Pretend that ain't Betty lol)

  ↳ Tuesday  

Nov. 15th↲

I sat in a booth at Pop's, waiting for Jughead to arrive. Archie, Betty, and Veronica texted saying that they were bailing out on our plans. I expected Jughead to text me the same, but he actually arrived. He brought his laptop. Whenever the gang would hang out, most of the time Jughead would focus on his novel, his fingers tapping the keys rapidly.

"Hey," I smiled at him as he approached the booth.

"Hey," he said, taking a seat beside me. "Remember when you wanted to read my novel but I couldn't show you?"

I thought about it for a moment, and then it clicked. "Yeah! Can I read it now?" I asked, eager.

He looked at his laptop and took in a deep breath, saying: "Yeah."

"I bet it's great," I assured him, watching as he pulled up his novel. He then turned the screen to me and I read a section. Oddly enough, it was about me. Suddenly my expression went from a smile to a stern stare.

"It was a regular day at Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, or so I had thought.

My day was like any other day. I went to school, then I went to Pop's and worked on my novel. Archie stopped by and had asked Betty to come over. It was average.

Betty came, of course. However, that wasn't the only person who came.

I saw her again.

Her long brown curls rested upon her shoulders as she couldn't stop smiling. I knew it was her by her freckles, perfectly placed across her cheeks and on her nose; and her river blue eyes that I could never tire of swimming in.

I could tell that she had driven a long way by her comfortable outfit of a gray sweater, yoga pants, and her smudged makeup on her left eye.

I wanted to know everything about her. Where did she go? Why did she leave? Why was she back? And most of all, who is she?

Catherine Bell. I already know that.

I know her identity all too well, but people change, unfortunately. I know I have since I was eight.

Her laugh was like the coffee to my morning, and I wanted more of it.

I wanted more of her.

Catherine."

I quietly pulled the laptop closer, reading about a chapter's worth about me. He talked about my introduction, but he focused so much on my personality and how much he adored me. I read about what he truly thought when he stayed over at my house after Derek happened.