Chapter 17: Behind Closed Doors

↳ Wednesday

↳ Wednesday

Nov. 16th↲

I awoke to feel someone hold my hand. I peeked open my eyes to find Jughead awake, on his phone. He was scrolling down some sort of social media feed.

I smiled and tiredly laughed. "You're such a sap," I teased.

I looked over to see that the sun had barely risen. I looked back at Jug and said "You know, we don't have to be up yet. My moms probably going to make us breakfast."

"Oh well," he shrugged. "Go back to sleep then."

"What about you?" I sat up a little, not wanting to leave him alone.

"I'll go back to sleep eventually," he assured, then looking at me. He smiled a little and said "Go! I'll be alright."

I sighed, diving my face back down into my pillow. I left my arm dangling off my bed, and Jughead and I kept holding hands.

I woke up to my alarm, which was immediately turned off. I ended up falling back asleep once again.

Eventually, I awoke to kisses being gently and lovingly placed on my face. Jughead was leaning over me, kissing my forehead and cheek.

"Morning, again," I laughed, trying to get ahold of his face. I pressed our noses together, and he gave a calm smile.

"You mom came in not too long ago. We need to get ready," he explained, pulling away from our bubble.

"Wait," I abruptly said. He froze, and I reached my arms up to the ceiling. "Help me up?"

Jughead took my hands and easily sat me upwards. I climbed out of bed and tested out my ankle to make sure it didn't hurt as much.

"How is it?" He asked, watching me carefully.

I stood up, smiling at him. "Better than Friday."

"Good."

We both walked downstairs to find that my mom was the only one downstairs cooking. She looked over her shoulder and seemed excited to see us.

"Oh, good! Breakfast is just ready," she moved around the eggs in the pan.

"Smells good, Mrs. Bell," Jughead complimented, sitting down at the table. I sat beside him instead of across.

I gazed at Jughead, who had seemed to zone out. I couldn't blame him since it was early in the morning, so I didn't bother him. It gave me an opportunity to appreciate his features. I gazed at his curly dark hair and slightly pointed nose, his eyes wandering around as his hand pressed against his chubby cheek. I was in awe.

Snapping me out of my own thoughts, my mom brought over our plates of eggs benedict. The sauce oozed down the over easy yolk and the English muffin.