Chapter 19: Reveal

↳ Friday

↳ Friday

Nov. 18th↲

Waking up with Jughead had been comforting, and I always woke up just shy a few minutes before he did. We got ready and head out the door, holding hands and talking as usual.

Although it had been an absolute blessing being with Jughead consistently, I felt a little tired of it. I loved Jug, but I needed some personal time for myself. I didn't want to kick him out of my house because I didn't want him on the streets, but I would go nuts in a day or two if I didn't get some alone time.

As Jug and I walked to school, I held his arm and said: "I think it's time we told the gang about us."

I looked up at him to see that he was already hesitant. "I guess," he gave in. "I like how everything is right now, though. We don't have to worry about people acting differently around us."

"Yeah, but they're our friends. I wouldn't feel right hiding it from them. Plus, I don't want to hide forever," I expressed, squeezing his hand a little.

"We're not hiding. We're just staying private," he excused, looking down at me, the corner of his mouth turning up ever so slightly.

I frowned a little. "I don't know. It just feels like... I don't know. Never mind." I shook my head, embarrassed.

"No, what?" He asked, seemingly concerned by my change in tone.

I shrugged a little, looking down. "It feels like you don't want to be seen with me in that way. Like you don't want to flaunt me."

Jughead scoffed a little, thinking I was joking around. He quickly saw that I wasn't. He stopped us in the middle of the sidewalk, similar to the other day.

"Jingle. I love you, okay? I'd put you on a podium in front of the whole school if I could. Trust me on this," he told me.

I grew the strength to smile at him, taking both of his hands and pulling him towards me. "Come on. We'll be late," I changed the topic, leaving the conversation open for later.

We got to school, and climbed the steps, passing by all of the students. Some turned and stared at both Jughead and me, having shocked expressions as they whispered amongst themselves. I was confused, thinking that something happened that involved one of us.

Then I realized it was about the both of us.

Jughead kept his arm around my shoulder, smiling, content for once. I grinned, glad he had a change of heart. I put my arm around his waist and confidently strode down the halls with him until we reached our locker.

Veronica walked up to the two of us and took my shoulder.

"Hey, Cath. Betty and I were planning on going out to get a facial. My treat~!" She sang a little, jumping slightly in excitement.