Chapter 28: Reunion

↳ Saturday

↳ Saturday

Jan. 14th↲

I took a hefty bite of the large toasty cinnamon roll in my hands. Looking up, I saw everyone stare at me with bated breath, expecting to hear a wild tale, so I gave one to them.

"Well," I chewed. "I guess I should start off with me being pregnant."

My dad slammed his palm on the table along with Jughead, both exclaiming loudly "WHAT?!" as my mom gasped and covered her mouth, eyes wide.

I looked at them all with a surprised stare, a smile slowly creeping on my face. "Woah! Geez, guys. Cut me some slack!" I laughed a little. "I'm not pregnant."

My dad looked at me with pure anger which drilled into me. My smile quickly faded, seeing that it wasn't the time to joke.

I cleared my throat quickly. "Sorry. Uh... so I took off with no idea where I was gonna go..."

I told them everything; from the wacky conversations, I've had with the most interesting people, working my first job at a diner, all the way to coming home.

"I was going to come home by the time school was about to start anyways. I just needed to get away because of that list," I looked at Jughead. "I didn't want to worry anyone with it."

"List?" My Mom questioned, confused. Both her and my dad turned to Jughead for answers, to which he opened his mouth, unable to speak for a moment as he tried to form his story.

"Uh, I was going to show you guys. I swear! I was expecting someone to be crossed off the list when I would tell you guys, but no one was hurt and it slipped my mind," Jughead tried to justify himself, before looking at me for help.

"It's fine. It's not a big deal anymore," I dismissed it all. "Listen! Can I go take a shower real quick? I haven't had a decent one since I left."

"Well sure, dear!" My Mom smiled at me.

I looked at Jughead, who looked back at me, not knowing what to do. I could tell he didn't want to be alone and be potentially chewed out for that list by my dad.

"Uh, Jug. I have some pictures I want to show you in the meantime. Come on," I waved him over.

Jughead quickly got up, taking his plate with a remaining cinnamon roll, and followed me up the steps. I brought my backpack with me, which held my camera.

Thankfully those assholes didn't take my bag away too. I would've been really sore over losing my camera.

I took out the SD card, filled to the brim with beach pictures and portraits of some interesting people I found along the way.