Chapter 31: Deprived

↳ Monday

↳ Monday

Jan. 16th↲

With my stomach full of hot chocolate, and my mind inspired by a cheesy Rom-Com, I left Betty's feeling a wave of confidence. After suffering through another frigid walk, I made it back home where I started my car, turning the heater on.

I waited to warm up, cupping my hands and blowing air into them. It gave me time to think about what I was about to do.

I imagined myself pulling up to Jughead's trailer, him opening the door, and giving each other a longing stare, before collapsing into a fit of kisses.

I smiled a little to myself, feeling my cheeks, nose, and ears turn rosy from the excitement.

I grew impatient and pulled out into the road, driving towards the South Side.

I imagined what could go wrong. The worst being Jughead not feeling the same way. The other is him not being home. Biting my lip, I worried about his reaction but knew that if I didn't confess at that moment, I wouldn't have any other chance.

With all of the thoughts running through my head, it made the drive much quicker. Before I knew it, I pulled up in front of his trailer. Then everything happened so fast.

I hurried up the steps and knocked on his door with a smile on my face. I waited, shivering, but happy.

The door opened, and my mouth ran. "Jughead I-"

I was cut off by the sight of another girl. My smile immediately fell, and my heart dropped to my stomach.

 My smile immediately fell, and my heart dropped to my stomach

"Who are you? " She asked.

I blinked a few times, trying to process my thoughts.

"Catherine," I told her. I so badly wanted to say with bold confidence "Jughead's girlfriend" but the sight of another girl in his trailer, the two alone, made me lose all of the confidence I once had.