Chapter 32: Slither

↳ Friday

↳ Friday

Jan. 20th↲

My breath was jagged, my hands trembling as I stared back at myself in the mirror.

I wore lacy black lingerie, which accentuated my breasts, and was tight around my behind. I'd be lying if I didn't feel sexy, but that didn't mean I felt good about doing all of this.

Dancing in front of strangers was a thousand miles out of my comfort zone, but it needed to be done.

The woman, Lucille, was curling my hair. Another woman named Darlene was doing my makeup, which was a heavy smokey eye and red lipstick, along with concealer and fake lashes.

I was a build-a-bear slut.

"Aw, the poor girl's nerves are shooting through the roof!" Darlene said to Lucille, sounding like she pitied me.

"Ain't that cute. Y'know, my first time I was nervous too. Next thing I knew, I lost myself. That pole became my best friend, and still is." Lucille patted my shoulder in support.

That was the thing. I didn't want the pole as my best friend. Apart of me wanted Jughead to barge in here and smack some sense into me. 

"I don't know what song I'm going to do," I laughed a little sheepishly.

"Oh! How about Pour Some Sugar On Me, by Def Leppard?" Lucille suggested.

"That's too basic. Pick somethin' slow, like Al Green," Darleen swooned.

"Thanks for the suggestions, but it's too old for me," I laughed. "I'll figure it out."

Darlene scoffed with Lucille. "Youngsters..."

With that, they were finished making me into a Serpent Barbie Doll.

I suggested a song to a man who asked me before I went on stage. The girls put me in some crazy high red stiletto's to start out. They assured me that I could kick them off anytime I wanted to.

With that in mind, I strutted towards the pole as "Breaking Down" by Florence + the Machine played over the speakers. I was quickly given a microphone, which I didn't expect at all.

The spotlight was on me, and it was time to shine.