Chapter 5: Sleep Over

↳ Saturday

↳ Saturday

Oct. 22nd ↵

By mid-afternoon, I felt much better than I had in the morning. During the day I had also taken some breathtaking pictures of the park and some abandoned homes. I hoped to Photoshop them tomorrow and put some of them in my portfolio. I liked putting my best works in there just in case one day I could get a job that included photography or something of that nature.

It was nearly six in the afternoon, so I dumped everything out of my backpack and stuffed my toothbrush, toothpaste, pajamas, camera, and my hairbrush into it.

I texted Betty for her address, which I immediately received. Turned out that she was only a block away, so I decided to walk there. My mom had already been called into work, and my dad was watching reruns of Modern Family. I gave him a brief goodbye before I went off on my adventures.

I strolled all the way to Betty's house and rang the doorbell.

Within seconds, her mom snapped open the door before giving me a cold smile.

"Why hello, Catherine," she sounded stiff.

"Hi, Mrs. Cooper," I smiled back at her, a little anxious to say the least.

She moved aside and I walked in. Feeling her eyes practically violate me, I attempted to distract myself by observing the home. I looked around to see the only thing that had changed since the last time I was here was the placement of the furniture.

"Betty is upstairs doing her homework," she reminded me. I turned and nodded, giving a quiet "Thank you."

I pranced upstairs and knocked on what I assumed was Betty's door. It had some girly sticker on it, and the light seeped through the crack of her door, illuminating the wood floor below.

"Come in!" She chimed.

I opened the door saying "Heyyyy!"

Betty looked relieved that I had walked in. "Thank god. My mom wouldn't shut up about you coming over. I had to lock myself in here," she rolled her eyes.

I laughed a little, setting my bag down on the floor. I sat on her bed and looked around her room. "Your room is really girly," I commented, noting the posters and pink theme throughout the room. It felt like I was in some teen dream.

Betty gave a small smile, putting her papers away. "More like outdated," she scoffed.

I pulled out my phone and went onto Snapchat again to catch up on everyone's stories.

"So," Betty interrupted. I looked up at her, locking my phone. "How was the party last night?"

"I may not be new to Riverdale, but I am new to the teen Riverdale. Let me tell you, Betty. I did not know the punch was spiked," I confessed, making her laugh a little.