Chapter 34: Bang!

↳ Monday

May. 15th↲

My stomach and face hurt from laughing so hard, my smile unable to go away no matter how hard I tried.

It was an early morning for Jughead and I, mostly because it was our six month anniversary. It was a big deal since neither of us have had such a long relationship before, and such a close one at that.

We were both sitting in Pop's, like we normally would, but we both treated ourselves to a loaded pancake, with lots of chocolate, sprinkles, and even ice cream! It screamed obesity, but we sure as hell deserved it.

Jughead pointed to his pancake with his spoon. "This has to be the best idea you've ever had, hands down," he smiled at me.

"I knew you'd be down. You're easy to treat since food is practically your religion," I teased him.

"You know me so well," he leaned in with a grin, before kissing me gently. I couldn't help but laugh a little afterwards.

"What?" He asked, almost offended, thinking I was laughing at his kiss.

"I can taste the vanilla ice cream on your lips," I laughed even more.

He took his spoon and smothered his lips with it, so it was practically dripping.

"Come here," he leaned towards me as I pushed away, screaming and laughing.

"Jughead! NO! JUGHEAD MY MAKEUP!"

I had no chance.

He gave me a fat cold kiss on my cheek, before laughing hard himself, falling back into the corner of the booth in hysterics as he saw the ice cream slide down my cheek.

"You're so mean!" I took a napkin and dabbed the ice cream off my cheek, hoping to salvage my foundation and blush. "I spent a lot of time on my makeup today!"

"You can touch it up later..." he pulled me into a half hug. "Besides. I'm probably going to kiss all of it off eventually."

He leaned in for another kiss, and I pulled back.

He rolled his eyes. "These lips are clean."

I smiled again, giving into his embrace.

After making a mess of ourselves at Pop's, we walked to school with each other, hand in hand. We could've taken his bike, but the weather was beautiful! The leaves were already green, the flowers bloomed, and the skies were the bluest they've ever been since last year.

I had also bought him a new helmet since we kept passing around the only one he had, and I wanted both of us safe. Also, it was an easy Valentine's Day gift.

The air smelled of fresh pine and flowers, as they were lined up next to the sidewalk. It mixed with Jughead's cologne, which I could smell days on end. It was the type of scent that you smell when you finally come home after a long day, and you melt into the couch to get comfortable, knowing that your troubles were far away.

I nuzzled my head onto his shoulder as we walked, him telling me excitedly about the plot of the movie we were going to watch tonight.

As we were approaching school, we heard the bell ring and students scramble inside.

"Oh shit! We have to go!" I went for a sprint, until Jughead scooped me up and swung me around.

"Slow down, Jingles!" He smiled. "No rushing today. We have time."

After setting me down, I let out a deep breath realizing that we was right. We always did rush around, not absorbing the world around us.

"Besides," he continued. "I'm going to beat you to class."