Chapter three

" P' Kongpob. You look tired. I just bought this drink. Here you can have it instead "

Kongpob looked at her curiously. He hadnt accepted the freshman's offer.

" do you like pink milk? "

" oh I'm sorry P' ! I didn't realize not everyone may like a girly drink like this. Especially a man like you! It's my absolute favorite. Should I get something else for you then? "

Kongpob took the drink out of Pen's hand.

" there is nothing gender specific about a drink N' Pen. Anyone can enjoy it .Thank you "

Pen smiled at him relieved. There it is. The smile that made his day special. Kongpob hated himself for feeling this way.

" I have to get back to class P' . See you at the meeting "

He had never met a freshman who was so happy about cheer meetings. Kongpob looked at the drink in his hand. He couldn't help but smile. He remembered the day he had teased Arthit about liking the pinky drink. Now he was defending it. He sent a quick text to Arthit

I miss you P' Arthit. Come back to me soon.

*

" I don't know why we have to run around the field so much P' Kongpob. What are you trying to gain by making us do this? My friend here can't even breathe properly " Pen was red in face with anger. She was tiny and Kongpob towered over her. Her fierce face reminded Kongpob of the time he had told Arthit his fierce face was cute.

" why doesn't she tell that to me instead of you nong? Weren't  my instructions clear enough ? I asked you to speak up if you didn't think you were physically capable of participating. Are you her secretary? Pen, let others learn to speak for themselves. Now you asked me what we were trying to gain by the physical training. As engineers you don't know what kind of a site you will have to visit in the future. Not everything is about construction on easily accessible land. It is also important to stay healthy. Is it not N' Pen? Maybe in the future you might have servants carrying you to places but for now you will do as I say. Am I clear? "

" yes P' Kongpob "  the girl mumbled looking at her feet.

************

" N' Arthit , I doubt no matter how much you stare at your phone it is going talk back to you " it was Arthit's co worker who had also joined him on the program.
Arthit smiled awkwardly at him. He knew his behavior was obvious. But he had been waiting for a text from Kongpob all day. He had forgotten it was night time in Thailand. But now it was high time for him to receive something at all!

" are you waiting for a special someone to contact you? "

Arthit blushed.

" yes P' sharp. I'm waiting for my faen to send me a message "

" oh I didn't know you were already a taken man. I'm sure many youngsters at the office will be disappointed. So what's her name? "

" his name is Kongpob. A junior from my university "

" are you sad you had to leave him for four months? I can understand "

" I do miss him a lot . And it hard to get in contact with him. I am afraid he will forget me! "

" I don't think that's how love works nong. In my opinion the best time in a relationship is the time between when you start dating and marriage. Everything changes after marriage! Even the sex " he said waving his had with a wedding band around his finger.

" P' !! "

" come on nong. It's not as if you are a child. You have a faen. So it's alright for me to talk to you about it! Besides I am not lying! It's true! So enjoy it while it lasts! "