Chapter eight

A few freshmen had stayed behind to consult Kongpob on their department teams and on how to proceed, Kongpob knew it was going to be hard for him to avoid Chanpen this time. She waited until everyone were done speaking to Kongpob. They were right outside the door of the cheer room.

" excuse me P' Kongpob? "

" what is it N' Chanpen? "

" until when are you going to avoid me? "

" I'm not avoiding anyone N' . I'm busy "

" P' Kongpob. I know it was not the best way to start a relationship. But why not now? I know you don't dislike me. I have seen the way you look at me. Don't deny it P' Kongpob. Even you know it's true "

" you seem to have decided a lot all by yourself N' . Why would I like you? I told you I already have someone else"

" P' ! Please don't throw me away like a piece of meat ! "

" N' . I need time to think "

" time? Haven't you had enough time? Please P' Kongpob. " she hugged him suddenly . " please P' . I beg of you " she was crying to his chest.

Kongpob heard a sound from behind. He extracted himself from Pen to see what it was.

His world came to a standstill. It was Arthit , staring at him as though he had seen a ghost. There was a small bag fallen at his feet.

Kongpob could feel his throat go dry. He hurried towards Arthit. His feet felt heavy.

" P' Arthit... you are here.. "

He couldn't read Arthits expression.

" they were right. everyone told me I should be concerned. But I told them there was absolutely no way my Kongpob would cheat on me. I laughed at them. I was a fool. They were right weren't they? " Arthit was too calm. His voice was soft and low.

" P' ... please.. I can expla.. "

" were they wrong Kongpob? "

" P' Arthit.. "

" I had faith in my love for you. But it was lacking. My love was weak. It's my fault. I knew you wanted more. And I didn't oblige " Kongpob couldn't stand Arthit's tone. He wished Arthit scream Or even punch him. Anything other than the caring tone he was using.

" P' Arthit please.. it's not like that " tears were streaming down Kongpob's face. His heart was feeling tight. Even breathing was hard.

" Kongpob you never had to cheat on me. If you had told me you were suffocating in our relationship atleast once , nomatter what I felt I would have let you go. You know I would have done it for you."

Kongpob took Arthit's hand in his

" P' Arthit.. No..don't say that.. please P' hit me.. scream at me.. do something! Please don't blame your self! " He was crying hard.

Arthit hadn't moved a muscle. There were no tears.

" but that's the thing isn't it Kongpob? It IS my fault. I was not good enough " he removed his had away from Kongpob's.

" tell me one thing Kongpob. Did you do it with her? "

Kongpob looked into Arthit's eyes. He had stopped breathing. He could see Arthit already knew the answer

" P' .. it was a mistake.. "

Arthit put his hand on Kongpob's shoulder and nodded

" it's ok. I understand. She gave you something I didn't . I don't blame you " Arthit looked at Penchan who was standing further away

" I hope you will be happy with her Kongpob. You don't have to worry about me..I.. I have to go " Arthit turned away and left.

Kongpob knees had given up. He crouched onto the floor. His eyes fell on to the small plastic bag Arthit had forgotten. He opened it. There were a couple of chocolates along with a box wrapped as a present. There was a note sticked to it.

Open it when I'm not looking

Penchan had come over to him

" P' Kongpob? Are you alright? "

" Just leave "

" but P' .."

" CHANPEN! "

*

He was still seated on the hallway. He carefully opened the box .
it was a picture frame with a popular landmark from where Arthit had visited. But what had gotten Kongpob's attention was the picture on it.

It was a picture of him sleeping on Arthit's couch. It was the day Arthit moved into his new place and Kongpob had been tired helping. Arthit was leaning over the armrest. His lips hovering inches over Kongpob's forehead with a light smile. They weren't doing anything special in the picture. But Kongpob knew exactly why Arthit had chosen it.

It was a perfect capturing of Arthit's love for him. Secretive and personal. The way Arthit was looking at him in the picture was enough to convince anyone about how Arthit felt. Kongpob had never seen the picture before. He doubted even Arthit knew he was being photographed.

There was a letter inside the box. With shaking hands Kongpob opened it.

*********

Arthit didn't stop until he was at the men's lavatory. He pushed opened the door to the nearest stall and threw up into the toilet bowl. His head was turning. He couldn't see clearly. He was trying to comprehend of what happened.

Kongpob, his Kongpob had cheated on him. He had stubbornly dismissed it when some others from the university had sent him messages informing him that there were rumors about his boyfriend seeing another girl. He had been afraid. But he had chosen to believe in Kongpob. When he had seen Kongpob speaking to a girl in the deserted hallway he still didn't want to believe what he had heard before. He was about to call out Kongpob's name when the girl had hugged him. Kongpob's expression upon seeing him told him everything he wanted to know.

Arthit threw up whatever that was left in his stomach.

Now he was laughing. It hurt so much to the point it was funny. He kept laughing. It was funny to think he actually thought Kongpob loved him. That their lack of physical relationship didn't matter. To think he was good enough for Kongpob. The man desired by many. He had been proud Kongpob had chosen him. He laughed some more. Kongpob and Arthit. The university power couple. He thought he was going to marry Kongpob. His coworker's words resonated in his head. He was ready for the challenges that they might have had to face as a married couple. Little did he know that it was never in his future. His imagination was running wild. Kongpob frantically kissing the girl whose face he didn't remember, articles of their clothes coming off one by one. Kongpob's hands running through her body. Their moaning.

Were they laughing at what a prude he was while having sex? Did Kongpob enjoy it? Did Kongpob tell her how he never let Kongpob touch him below the belt?

He wanted to cry. But he couldn't do it. Not a single tear had made its way out. He wanted to throw up again . But his stomach was empty. He heard someone knock the door of the stall.

" hello? Who is in there? Are you alright? "

Arthit kept quiet

" if you don't open it I will break down the door. Please stand away from it "

Arthit clicked opened the lock. It was Wad

" P' Arthit! When did you get here! Wait .. what's going on ? Are you alright? Should I call Kong? "

" N' Wad, can you get me a taxi? And please don't call anyone. Forget that you saw me here "

*******************************************************

A/N- I would like to dedicate this to lord of all evil JaeMi1
I'm no match for him. But I am hoping to learn 😁

Shhhhhhhhh don't say anything.. let me hydrate on Kongpob's tears ( as Arthit didn't have any )