Chapter twenty one

Arthit was feverishly kissing him. He couldn't concentrate on anything else other than the lips moving along his neck. He held on to Arthit's hips. His throat was dry. His heart wanted to jump out of his chest.

Arthit stopped kissing him and rested his forehead on Kongpob shoulder.

" Kongpob.. I'm sorry "

" why are you apologizing P' Arthit "

" we can't continue like this.. two wrongs does not make one right "

Kongpob knew Arthit was right. He hugged Arthit closer to him.

" I know P' Arthit "  he replied sadly.

" I should go to bed now "

" ok P' Arthit "

Arthit still hadn't moved out of his grasp. Arthit only moved closer. His face still muffled to Kongpob's body.

" I should really go  "

" yes P' "

Both of them stayed motionless.

Kongpob slid to lay on the couch along with Arthit in his arms. Arthit kissed his jaw once more. And snuggled to Kongpob. They lied on the couch wrapped around each other in complete silence. Their breathing synced. Arthit's warmth put Kongpob to a blissful sleep.

*****

Arthit head was on Kongpob's chest. It was early in the morning. But he was awake. He knew Kongpob was awake too. He could feel Kongpob's risen heartbeat. He was sure Kongpob knew he was awake too. They didn't want to face reality just yet. But he can't run away from it anyway. He tried to move. Kongpob held him tightly.

" five more minutes P' Arthit "

Arthit had no strength to fight. He obliged.

" Kongpob? "

" yes P' Arthit? "

" why do you think you cheated on me? "

Arthit felt Kongpob move. He sat up straight and looked at Kongpob, who followed suit and sat on the couch.

" P' Arthit.. "

" I saw her Kongpob. I know she looks like me. Atleast that's what I was told. You told me you had a reason to believe her. What is it? "

Kongpob looked down.

" When you were away I tried to see you in her P' Arthit. I wanted to see you. But with us being busy and time difference it was hard. I tried to ease my pain by imagining I'm looking at you. It was stupid P'. I know. You can hate me for the rest of your life for that . "

" did you feel anything towards her atleast for one second? "

" No P' . It has always been you "

Arthit touched Kongpob's face.

" I believe you. But what is done is done. We can't change it. "

" P' Arthit .. please don't let me go! " Kongpob was tearing.

" Kongpob.. listen to me. I don't hate you. I know what happened now. But it's not right for me to be with you while there is an innocent girl involved "

Kongpob nodded. Tears dropping on his shirt.

" I will always love you Kongpob..Always. It's never going to change. We are going to be alright "

*****

Arthit walked Kongpob to the door. It felt like deja vu. But this time the atmosphere between them was different. They were aware of eachothers feelings. They were played by fate.