Chapter ten

Going to make him feel less shitty. Right..

Bright was nowhere to be seen. Arthit sat at a corner by himself looking at drunk people dancing all over eachother. This was a fancy club at a hotel. Bright sure made the most out of his rich parents. Arthit wasn't used to this kind of atmosphere. Is this what rich people did over the weekend?

He took a sip out of his glass. The alcohol burned his throat. He was trying hard not to think of a certain third year. The alcohol only burned his throat. Kongpob burned his entire body. He shook his head. He was here to forget.

A few girls had come over and was asking him to buy them drinks. Some asked him to dance. He was uncomfortable. So he moved in to a much more private place with his drink. Waiting for Bright to get back from wherever he was.

" your friend seem to be having fun " a young man around mid twenties sat next to him pointing at Bright who was dancing with a girl.

" yeah I guess " Arthit had replied bitterly. Well atleast one of them was having fun.

" why aren't you there dancing ? " he asked Arthit smiling.

" I could ask you the same " Arthit asked him taking a another sip from his glass.

" let me take you to coffee and I will tell you why"

Arthit choked on his drink. Who was this person.

" does that line always work for you? " Arthit asked back.

The stranger laughed blushing.

" no, no it doesn't . It's my first time using it! I'm sorry. It sounded less creepy in my head "

" how did you know I would be interested in men. "

" would you leave if I say I had been looking at you since you walked in. And I saw you reject the ladies. So I thought maybe it's my lucky day "

Arthit nodded. He noticed the how painfully handsome the stranger was. Not as handsome as his K....

" so why are you at a bar drinking alone? " he asked the stranger.

" my boyfriend of five years married a girl. His exact words were he couldn't go beyond his parents wishes. Isn't it funny how he forgot to mention that all throughout those five years? I'm here  for work.Im actually an in-house guest at this hotel. The room was making me feel suffocated. So I came here to drown myself in alcohol instead. What's your story "

" my now ex boyfriend cheated on me with a girl while I was away "

The stranger nodded understandingly .

" well in that case, can I buy you a drink? "

*

Arthit found himself on a stranger's bed. With the said stranger was on him kissing him intensely. A stranger whose name he didn't know. He couldn't feel anything. Just wet lips touching him. Nibbling at his neck. He closed his eyes. Trying to give in. His heart was aching. His nice shirt had come off. A hand was tracing his sides.

" hold on P' Arthit..

P'Arthit ....

You are my sun P' Arthit... "

He couldn't get rid of the voice in his head. The all too familiar voice.

He felt as if a thousand roaches were crawling all over his body. He felt dirty. He lightly pushed the stranger away from his body.

" please stop "

" what's wrong? Did I do anything wrong? "

" no, no you didn't. But we shouldn't do this. We are both trying to get away from our pain. I can tell you aren't over your love. I don't think I am either. We are being unfair to each other "

The stranger sat on the bed

" you are right. I'm sorry. I was thinking about him while kissing you  " he knuckled awkwardly.

Arthit got out of the bed and put on his shirt.

" I guess it's a goodbye then " he was about to leave when he heard the stranger go,

" wait.. what's your name? "

Arthit smiled at him

" don't you think it's better for us to remain strangers ? "

*

He was looking for his keys when he jumped back startled.Someone was seated at his doorstep. It was Kongpob. He was asleep with his head leaning to the wall. Arthit moved closer to him. There were dark marks under his eyes. His face looked tired and older than he was for his age. Arthit wanted to touch his face. To cradle it in his chest. Why was Kongpob here? He had a key. Why was he outside? Arthit stepped back and tried to open the door ignoring Kongpob.

But the noise had woken him up. He stood up immediately.

" P' Arthit.. "

" why are you here Kongpob.? "

" I.. just came here to see yo... " Kongpob's eyes traced his clothes. Arthit saw his gaze stop at his neck.

" where have you been? Is that a... hickey ? "

Arthit raised an eyebrow at him. Kongpob narrowed his eyes.

" No! No! Arthit! No! It can't be! "  Kongpob had launched at him holding his neck trying to erase whatever marks were formed on his neck using his fingers .he was hysterical " please Arthit tell me it isn't what it seems"

Arthit slapped away the hands which were holding him.

" let go off of me Kongpob . Arthit? That's khun Arthit for you. You have no right to ask me such questions. Its not like I was cheating on my boyfriend while he was away for work.What are you doing here anyway? Huh.. its true what people say about cheaters isn't it. Once a cheater , always a cheater. Did you come here to cheat on your girlfriend with me? "

Kongpob winced each time he heard the word 'cheat'

" P' Arthit! She is not my girlfriend! It's a mistake "

" you used a girl for sex? "

" No P' Arthit! That's not what happened "

" did you or did you not sleep with her Kongpob? "

" that.. I... "

" see you can't even answer that. Just leave me alone Kongpob. I'm tired "

Arthit opened the door . Kongpob followed him uninvited.

" it's late. You can sleep on the couch tonight. Leave the key you have on the table "

Kongpob suddenly hugged him from behind. And rested his forehead on Arthit's shoulder.

" please P' Arthit. Let me be like this for a minute. Just for a minute. I missed you "

He could feel Kongpob's tears wet him through the shirt.

Arthit closed his eyes in defeat.

*********************************************************

A/N - look who is on a roll updating. Now let me relax for awhile.

By the way who saw that coming?