Chapter twenty

Kongpob watched the time on his clock strike twelve. It was Arthit's birthday. Kongpob looked at his phone. His finger hovered over Arthit's name. The previous messages he sent Arthit still remained unseen. Arthit wouldn't appreciate it if he sent him a text wishing him a happy birthday. Besides Arthit had someone to do it for him now.

Yes.. Arthit had someone.. someone that wasn't him.

Kongpob felt a sharp pain in his chest. He didn't know he loved Arthit that much. Why was it so hard to move on from Arthit? He had tried everything he could possibly think of. But there was no success. Seeing Pitcher had woken a new monster in him. Now there was a face to his nightmare. He definitely didn't want Arthit to be in someone else's arms. Arthit had every right to be happy without him. Especially after what he had done. But that didn't mean he liked it.

Kongpob had spent the entire day hiding in his room. He turned his phone off. He couldn't bring himself to make any human interaction . Different kinds of scenarios played in his mind. How was Arthit spending his birthday? Was his new , sweetheart that brings flowers for him ,making him feel special? Showering him in kisses and hugs? No.. he didn't want to think any further.. he buried his head in to his pillow. What was happening to him? Will he ever be able to move on?

*

He hadn't slept all night. The following day he looked like a walking corpse. He bumped in to Wad at the dorm food stalls.

Wad had eyed him carefully

" Ai Kong! Whats up? Are you alright? "

" no.. no I'm not "

Wad looked at him surprised. As it hadn't expected Kongpob to actually admit he wasn't alright.

" what's wrong ? "

" It was P' Arthit's birthday yesterday. And I had no right to even give him a call "

" P' Arthit told me what happened. Is it true? "

Kongpob looked away. His eyes were dried. There were no more tears left to spill.

" it doesn't matter anymore, does it. Anyway there is nothing I can do. I hope P' Arthit had a special day "

"P' Prem told me they threw a party for him"

" do you know if he was there too? " why did he want to know? He was purposely hurting himself.

" who?"

" Pitcher.. P' Arthit's new boyfriend " Kongpob almost spat the words

" boyfriend? I don't know if he is P' Arthit's boyfriend, but P' Prem told me there was another person who also showed up. Some lawyer .Ai Kong.. don't think about it.. move forward ..I don't know who is wrong and who is right. But you are my friend and I'm worried"

Kongpob nodded.

He shouldn't have asked.

*

He couldn't stop thinking about it. He wanted Arthit himself to tell him that he had moved on. He wanted to hear it from Arthit. Maybe then his heart will accept it. Maybe then he will be able to move on.

He was sat at a local bar. Drinking alone.He didn't have the courage to go to Arthit's apartment again. He was deciding. It's now or never. He knew he was just looking for excuses to see Arthit. He didn't care. He needed closure. He was tired of guessing.

Thankfully this time door was opened by Arthit. Kongpob stood watching a very surprised and angry looking Arthit.

" Kongpob? I thought I told you not to come here anymo.... ARE YOU DRUNK? "