Chapter seventeen

A/N- sorry it got a bit late today. I got distracted by rearthit ' s latest update. And also by JustCMe 's profile picture 😍. Can you please ship me with him and tell him it's your idea? No? Ok..(im kidding ..don't do that!)

***************************************************************************

" Pitcher! Please stop.. I don't want to stoop to that level. Kongpob may have hurt me. But I don't want to hurt him " Arthit said slowly backing away from pitcher's hand that was touching his lips.

" well too late. Your boy toy just left with his lady. He looked pretty angry. I say mission accomplished"

"WHAT? "

" yeah he just left "

Arthit panicked. Kongpob was never good with jealousy. He knew that. What if he did something stupid! Arthit rose from his seat.

" I have to go after him! "

Pitcher pulled him back.

" don't follow him Arthit. What's the point ? "

Arthit considered what pitcher had told him. He was right. What was the point. What was he going to gain by it? They were over..

*

" so what about you? Gotten over your married boyfriend? " Arthit asked.

" more or less "

" then you have no right to judge me! "

" we were together for five years Arthit. That's a long time "

" so what if I was with Kongpob for two. It doesn't matter how long you were with someone. What matters is how deep your relationship is "

Pitcher smiled at him sarcastically

" yours seemed pretty skin deep to me "

Arthit wanted to be angry and offended. But it hurt only because he knew Pitcher was right.

" but on the bright side I met you! Even thought we decided to remain strangers we managed to meet again. Sounds a lot like fate don't you think? " he winked at Arthit.

Arthit's had his heart in his mouth. Pitcher was ruthlessly flirting with him. He wasn't sure if pitcher really liked him or not.  His twinkling eyes and low husky tone was making Arthit shift uncomfortably on his seat. This man sure can give Kongpob a run for his money with the flirting. They had that in common .

" now will you let me take you for coffee? "

*******

Kongpob was still kneeling. Since it was dark not many people were around. He was sure Pen was going to report him. He wanted her to. He didn't want to live with what he had done with no consequence. He didn't deserve a second chance.

Pen slowly walked towards him. She touched his face softly. He raised his head and looked at her. He was in pain. But it wasn't physical. Pen's distressed, bleeding face made him imagine it was Arthit he had hurt. The tears made its way out of his eyes.

" P' Kongpob.. what have I done to you! " she said while holding his face in her hands. She was crying too.
He leaned his head on her middle helplessly trying hard to suppress the tears. He wanted the pain to end.She stroked his head

" P.. let's go home "

*

When he returned to the room Kongpob frantically looked for the picture Arthit had gotten him along with the letter. He read it over and over until he had every word memorized. He made up his mind. He took off the frayed bracelet he wore. It was old and discolored. But to him it was a priceless possession. He carefully placed the picture, the letter, Arthit's gear and the bracelet in shoebox and placed it at the back of his wardrobe. He was going to place the feelings he have for Arthit tightly shut in a box and place it the bottom of his heart. He can manage to to that can't he?

Kongpob never looked at his reflection. He hated the person that looked back at him. Chanpen never brought up what had happened on the night of her birthday. She didn't ask him to accompany her or asked anything of him for that matter. She kept the conversations between them simple. Though she was still warm and friendly.

But their relationship seemed to have changed direction. Kongpob was more attentive to her. Pen was the victim of his unforgivable behavior. He can't change what happened in the past. He can only make sure he didn't hurt anyone in future. It didn't matter how much he hurt inside. His brain often liked to remind him of the stranger at the restaurant. But he ignored it, and smiled. He can do this. He was going to survive.

*

Out of all his friends the person he least expected to corner him was Wad. For some reason Wad had avoided talking to him unless it was necessary since the day Arthit had come to the university and seen him with Pen. Kongpob was surprised.

" Ai Kong, can I speak to you? In private? "

They excused themselves from the rest of the curios gang. They had been shocked to find out Kongpob was actually dating Chanpen now. They had asked him questions. But he had calmly asked them to keep away from his personal life. Maybe it's how he said it, but they hadn't questioned him since.

" What the hell are you doing Kong? "

" what do you mean? "

" don't think we cant see you Kongpob. What happened? How could you just abandon P'Arthit? Do you know how hard it must be for him? "

Even hearing Arthit's name still stung.

" I can't tell you why, Wad. What has happened already happened. Besides I saw P' Arthit. He is fine now " Kongpob said bitterly.

" somehow I doubt that "

" what do you mean ?"

" I saw him Kongpob. And I see you too. Just fix this mess! "

" that's what I'm doing!! "

" I will believe that the day I see atleast one of you smile for real "

Kongpob thought about  what Wad had told him.

" I saw him Kongpob "

oh P' Arthit...

*

Arthit had specifically asked him not to contact him in anyway. But he wanted to make sure Arthit was alright. Atleast that's what he told himself. What did Wad mean by he saw him? Was Arthit actually miserable despite of what he had seen?

He knocked on the door. He was afraid to face Arthit. What was he going to say? He didn't know why he was here either. He made a mistake by coming. He was about to leave when the door opened.

It wasn't Arthit. It was a stranger. It was THE stranger. In Arthit's clothes. It was the tshirt with the Avengers on it that Kongpob himself had bought Arthit in the early months of their relationship. It was slightly large on Arthit. But he had loved it so much he hardly wore it because he hadn't  want it to get old from the wash. The stranger also had gloves on. The ones Arthit used to wash his dishes.

Kongpob was speechless

" Sawadee Khrap. Can I help you? "

" I.. I'm...."

" here to see Arthit? "

" yes.."

" he is in the shower. Would you like to come in? "