Diner

"There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot."
~Plato

–•–•–•–

The four friends walk down the street in silence. Hands are tucked in coat pockets and eyes are forward.

The cold wind blows heavily and leaves are kicked up.

"What is with all this wind?" Vic is knocked over a bit by the ferocity of the gusts.

"Beats me."

"Gar, will you please tell us where we're going?" Dick asks clearly upset.

"A place we all like. No ifs ands or buts about it."

"Can't you just tell us?"

"Nope." They turn the corner and their destination is revealed.

"Booyah! It's Katie's!!" Vic cheers.

"Oh joyous! Katie's Diner is the best!" Even Dick can't help but smile.

Katie is a childhood friend of them all and her diner is where they all met. It's a special place to them. Plus the pancakes are the best in the city.

"We must bring Silkie back some leftovers!" And here we go again.

"He's already ate enough today."

"Aww seriously Dick?"

"Alright alright. Let's just go in."

They sit at a booth at the edge of the diner.

"It's quiet today."

"Very. Guess cause everybody's out partying instead." Dick states.

They sit in awkward silence. Then the menus come and their favorite person stands at the head of the table.

"Hey guys what's up?" Her curly blonde hair is fixed in a ponytail.

"They had a fight. Hoping your pancakes can fix things." Garfield explains.

"Well I hope so. Jinx is back there with Roy. What'll ya have?"

"Pancakes!!" They all about unanimously. Katie laughs as she scribbles it down.

"Got it. 15 minutes."

Silence again. It's so tense, but Gar thinks he's doing the right thing. Rather he hopes he's doing the right thing.

"Woah."

"What Kori?"

"The trees. They are bending a lot. The wind must have really picked up." She says looking out the window.

"It's never this windy. Why is it so windy?" Gar asks confused.

"I know the coast gets a lot of wind but this is just ridiculous." Vic replies. They chat about the wind nonchalantly for a solid five minutes before Kori brings up her cat again.